Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 For those with Binary cams >

For those with Binary cams

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

For those with Binary cams

Old 04-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For those with Binary cams

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Thoughts on Kevin's statement slightly prior to 3:30 of the video about "proper AMO drawlength is measured from where the bow bottoms out in holding weight... NOT to how far you can draw the bow back"?
This is how I do it. It's more consistent this way. Bows with no limb peg stop can be overdrawn 1/4" to 1/2" past this point easily.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 AM
bigcountry

I do something different. I just don't see the need for a draw board. I can see a full draw tool on the apple press handy. But I have a hook in my garage, and I pull the bow to full length and watch what is happening. That way, I can be sure I don't overdraw, and its only a hook. I also put a hook in the floor with the plans of putting a ratchet strap on it to hold the bow at full draw, but I just don't trust that.

If I need to use my spot hogg laser to check cam lean, I get someone to hold it for me.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I do something different. I just don't see the need for a draw board. I can see a full draw tool on the apple press handy. But I have a hook in my garage, and I pull the bow to full length and watch what is happening. That way, I can be sure I don't overdraw, and its only a hook. I also put a hook in the floor with the plans of putting a ratchet strap on it to hold the bow at full draw, but I just don't trust that.

If I need to use my spot hogg laser to check cam lean, I get someone to hold it for me.

I find it easier with a drawboard but thats just me. I tried the "hook and pull" method but didn't like it. I guess another good thing about a draw board is measuring nock travel. I'm uninformed on nock travel so I really can't explain that one any further.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
bigcountry

Do you guys set your timing at full draw with the stops hitting at the same time? I have never tried but always wondered if creep tuning worked on binary. Its hard to creep on a binary cam however. Not like bows of the past.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bows with no limb peg stop can be overdrawn 1/4" to 1/2" past this point easily.
Very good point, RJ... I've shot Bowtech for so long now that I've forgotten what it's like to pull back a bow withoutthat solid wall via the draw-stop peg...
Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 AM

Do you guys set your timing at full draw with the stops hitting at the same time? I have never tried but always wondered if creep tuning worked on binary. Its hard to creep on a binary cam however. Not like bows of the past.
Yes, my cables are hitting the stops at exactly the same time. I thought I remember reading a post somewhere about creep tuning a binary, maybe not.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Yes, my cables are hitting the stops at exactly the same time. I thought I remember reading a post somewhere about creep tuning a binary, maybe not.
I am not sure it can be done, but curious about it as thier is little to no valley on binary cams. I just fixed my sync on my commander last night. The back wall felt spoungy lately, and sure enough my top cam was hitting the cable first with 1/8" to spare on the bottom. I also have noticed the bow had more vibration andnoise. So fixed it up and fixed alot. Also got my lbs back up to 70.

If you see that article I wouldn't mind reading it.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:00 PM

If I come across it, I'll let you know. The commander has a draw stop peg, right? I know on my tribute if I try to creep my arm will come out of socket.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 PM

Just a quick question about binary cams and timing, I thought that the binarys would always stay in time due to design and take-up positioning,I wasn't worried withmy Diamond, being a single cam. Its not a problem I've had to address before. Just wonder'n
Old 04-12-2008, 10:07 AM

Bowdaddy64: A binary can go out of synch if a cable touches one draw stop before the other. Keep in mind you've got 3 draw stops, one on each cam (built into the module) and the moveable draw stop peg.
For those interested: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=626255.

Quick Reply: For those with Binary cams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.