Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Born on tag question >

Bowtech Born on tag question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Born on tag question

Old 04-04-2008, 04:41 PM

Default Bowtech Born on tag question

Went out and got my new allegiance today (no pics as of yet, but not bragging about it right now so man law don't apply) but my question on the tag is it has a listed speed of 311fps on it (IBO) but it is listed as a 29" draw length, so is this speed a theoretical speed based on the 30" draw at 70lbs, or is it a factory speed that was determined by testing this particular bow at a 29" DL at 71 pounds?

Love the bow but a little freaked out because the shop set me up at a 26" draw, due to them suggesting a totally new anchor point, will see how it works out but dang, the new bow might not be the big 'step' up that I was hoping for, great shooter though.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Born on tag question

The B.C. shows what the bow shotbefore leaving the factory atthe specs that are listed onyour B.C.

In your case it would be 311fps at 29 inch draw length and 70 pounds.... I would also assume this is the "smooth" mods and not the "fast" mods that you have installed on the bow.
[/align]
Old 04-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Yessir, smooth mods, maybe next year if I get the itch, I will look at the fast mods, but this year is all about getting comfortable with the new rig.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should buy an STS and mount it low and just off the string. Shoot it through a chrony before and after and see the results. Mounted high I picked up no speed.Mounted low I pick upas much as the fast mods will give you and gain the benefit of vibration dampening. Also cut off the string/cable silencers.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Wiaxle

Yessir, smooth mods, maybe next year if I get the itch, I will look at the fast mods, but this year is all about getting comfortable with the new rig.

Thanks for the info.
You really should pick up a set of fast mods and give them a test drive. I myself prefer them on the Allegiance. It is really a simple swap and easy to switch back and forth if you prefer to do so.

Dan
Old 04-05-2008, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

You really should pick up a set of fast mods and give them a test drive. I myself prefer them on the Allegiance. It is really a simple swap and easy to switch back and forth if you prefer to do so.

Dan
Does this simple little operation require a bow press?
Old 04-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Wiaxle
Does this simple little operation require a bow press?
No it doesn't.

Dan
Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 PM

Correct on the STS, I have one and it will boost the speedo up a bit. Took off the string silencers switched from a hose peep to a G5 meta. With speed mods on it is wicked fast and deadly quiet. You should pick up the speed mods as a extra, they change on and off in seconds
Old 04-20-2008, 02:52 PM

Meanv's css is sweet. Do yourself a favor and get one, then take all the other junk off your string.