Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Long winter, and my shooting has suffered!!! >

Long winter, and my shooting has suffered!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Long winter, and my shooting has suffered!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Long winter, and my shooting has suffered!!!

Wow, I got out and shot a little the last couple days, and there's some RUST on the old bones. Those 32yd groups are more aroud 4-5" now where we were pretty tight at 3-3.5" during bow season. Anybody else have some rust on from not shooting much during this LONG winter....
Old 03-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Long winter, and my shooting has suffered!!!

I shoot in my basement during the winter but it gets old but now the weather is getting above 25 deg I can get outside and shoot out to 60yrds and yep those long shots are off a bit.....Need to shake the cobwebs out....
Old 03-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Wow, I got out and shot a little the last couple days, and there's some RUST on the old bones. Those 32yd groups are more aroud 4-5" now where we were pretty tight at 3-3.5" during bow season. Anybody else have some rust on from not shooting much during this LONG winter....
Most years, yes...this year nope. I shot almost year round. I took a break from mid Jan up until a few weeks ago though due to bad strings, but I've kept somewhat loose this winter...it's a first for me though.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is hard to stay sharp for lots of guys during the season, and the Winter.

Dan
Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

At least you don't have the opposite problem. I live in South Florida so I shoot all the time, but the hunting sucks. I remember being in your situation when I lived in PA though.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awe John, you can always come back north for hunting. At least you can FISH year round down there!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have been trying to shoot at least once a week all year round and I am still not great but atleast i am able to focus on what I am doing wrong.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep....

tried to stay in tune this year shooting indoors, but it only goes out to 20yds..and if friday night was busy and i didnt make it saturday i went 2 weeks or more without shooting..tried going every saturday...but didnt make it every week...my 20yd groups look like my 40 did at my peak [:@] but, it wont take long to get back into the swing of things....hopefully! lol last year it didnt take real long to get back in the groove..and honestly, my 20yd shooting impresses me some days...just aint as consisant as it was...but i guess i am learning a whole new form the last few weeks as well.... had my peep raised and gotta get used to that...wont be long and it'll be nice and i can shoot 3x a week outdoors...
Old 03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot in my basement everyday, after school/work. All I got is 10yds, getting to the point where I can hit a quarter 1/3 times. But, now I am starting to punch the trigger, so my groups are getting bigger. But, Im gonna try to keep improving. So over all, I got better this winter, but now I am really sucking it up.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Getting better, been out shooting everyday since I started this thread, only 4 days, but hey, repetition helps, and groups are back in about 2.5" at 24 yds and aroud 3.5 - 4" at 32!!! Man I'm glad spring finally made it back, I like winter and all, but I was starting to get pretty tired of it!!! Probably gonna get snow tomorrow now that I've said that!!! []

Quick Reply: Long winter, and my shooting has suffered!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.