Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Champion Mustang >

Champion Mustang

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Champion Mustang

Old 03-22-2008, 10:59 AM

Default Champion Mustang

I recently was given a like-new Champion Mustang RH bow by a hunting buddy who needed a bow with a higher poundage and purchased a Buckmaster instead. The Champion is a solo perimeter cam bow and is all set up with a Whisker Biscuit rest, etc. I've owner and shot over 35 bows in 30 yrs of bowhunting but know nothing about the Champion line and can't seem to find a 'working' web site for them.

Can someone cue me in on this company's history and/or their bows? Are they quality bows?

What did this bow cost brand new and is it 75% L.O., etc?

Thanks,

Old 03-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Champion Mustang

I believe Champion was bought out by some one I can't seem to remember who that was at this moment but at any rate they are not in the BIZ anymore. I don't remember a whole lot about the Champion line, I was just getting into archery when they were still around but there are plenty of old farts around here that might have some answers!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the info! Yes, from what little I have been able to find it appears that theyare out of business and that worries me as well if and when the needever arises for parts, etc!

OK Old Farts - anyone know anyhting that can help? I'd appreicate it a lot!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:12 AM

I was able to get a Bow Report on the Mustang and from what I was able to read it is a high-end, high-quality bow!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Champion went out of business around 2004. They were forced out of business due to patent infringement If my memory serves me right. They were great bows when they were in business. It was ashame to see them go. If memory serves me right Darton may have bought up the remainder of the company. But im not 100% certain.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 AM

Yes, I read that on another site when doing a GOOGLE search on Champion. Someone did call Darton and I guess they said that they ARE NOT honoring Champion's Warranty. : (

Hopefully I won't have any issues with the bow for quite awhile...as far as bowstrings go and buss cables I suppose they are prob standard sizes - I hope!I'm going down to see a guy this week that has a local archery shop here who used to sell them and see what he has to say...

Old 03-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 Champion bows, though not the Mustang. It was a good bow, and should serve you well. They have prestressed. laminated limbs that are similar in construction to Hoyt's XT 2000 limbs. They did go out of business because they were sued by a fellow Canadian company that owned the patent on single cam module systems, even though that company actually did nothing to actually invent the system. Champion was not, to my knowledge, bought out by any other company. There are a few dealers that bought up much of the inventory for parts purposes. I believe there is one company in Canada, and another dealer near Philadelphia that have a decent supply of parts. They are very nice shooting bows, and I like mine enough that I feel little need to upgrade to something new.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:56 AM

Thanks Joe PA. Appreciate your time and info! if you think of the place in PA that might have parts send me a PM please. I'll bookmark them in case of any problems should I encounter any!

Old 03-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try this.
Champion Mustang

Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

One more link.
Mustang #2

Quick Reply: Champion Mustang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.