Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Difference between Hoyt and Reflex >

Difference between Hoyt and Reflex

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Difference between Hoyt and Reflex

Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 PM

Default RE: Difference between Hoyt and Reflex

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

I own both - and have shot quite a few of both. What is the real difference between the limbs going to amount to? IBO's are about the same.
Not really a lot. The carbon limbs are tougher and more consistent. They are also lighter, but not much. They are impervious to extreme temp. changes. If you store your bow inside, where it's warm, and go outside where it's 20* to shoot.....it will take the limbs a little while to acclimate to the temps, and your accuracy will suffer, all be it not much. In about 15 minutes, it's all good. You'll get a little more speed w/ the carbon limb, little better KE. They're a little quieter, less vibration and recoil. They are just an overall better limb.

BUT, not a whole lot. Are they worth the money? Well, that's up to the individual.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see what your sayin' mobow that makes sense. Yea thats what i thought Roskoe, once i get under 34" my accuracy starts to suffer w/ my 30" DL which i'm sure has more to do with my for and never shooting a bow less than 34" but thats what I comfortable with.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:14 PM

I have noticed this too. My 38" Hoyt Protec has a level of consistency that I have never gotten from the short bows.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have noticed this too. My 38" Hoyt Protec has a level of consistency that I have never gotten from the short bows.

That bow has alot of things MOST bows can't compare to.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Neuralgia

I know the diff between Diamond and Bowtech, bot not between Hpyt and Reflex.
What is the difference between a Diamond and Bowtech? I thought the same company made them???
Old 03-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: Neuralgia

I know the diff between Diamond and Bowtech, bot not between Hpyt and Reflex.
What is the difference between a Diamond and Bowtech? I thought the same company made them???
Bowtech does make them both. A difference (there may be others) is that the Diamond line is the Bowtech single cam bows (and they are awesome!).
Old 03-21-2008, 01:11 PM

I'm just curious . . .are there anyother major bow manufacturers that use the solid glass limbs like Reflex?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm just curious . . .are there anyother major bow manufacturers that use the solid glass limbs like Reflex?
Most of them.

It is just a few that do not.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:33 PM

Interesting. I have been a long time fly fishermen and have a substantial collection of high end fly rods. Fly rods evolved from bamboo to fiberglass to carbon, boron, and graphite composites. The difference between a solid fiberglass rod and one of the high end graphites (like the Loomis GLX) is significant - in terms of weight and line speed.

If the same technological advantage applied to compound bows, the solid glass limbs would have an IBO of, say, 275 - and the graphite composites might be 350. The difference in bows, however,doesn't appear to be all that great. Maybe the cams impart a substantial influence, compared to the limbs,in the bow's ability to propel an arrow.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 PM

Anybody shot the charger yet im really curious to see some reviews on it.

Quick Reply: Difference between Hoyt and Reflex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.