Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

isnt she purty

Old 03-18-2008, 03:22 PM

Default RE: isnt she purty

but, is it the bow or just the cables???
Old 03-18-2008, 03:22 PM

are limbs cracked or your cams bent?? maybe lucky and just replace the cables.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 PM

I told the shop it was dry fired (it happend before it was setup) they check it out and said it was ok. the thing is i was shooting pretty good at the shop.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:34 PM

yeh I bet they did say it was fine. most shops have a sign around here that reads "to dry fire a bow, means to buy it" they shouldn't have sold you that bow, especially if you were not the one that dry fired it. to bad for your frined, but he should be the one to pay for it. Take it to another shop or Gander mt and let them look at it, tell em what happened and see what they say. why on earth did he dry fire it?? they should have had the locks on the bow. If it were me, I would be back there and demand a new bow, you did not dry fire it, and you shouldn't have had to buy it!!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:50 PM

ok i guess i didnt make it clear, i got the bow friday, then saturday on my B-day party my buddy dry fired it (I told him to draw the bow then gently bring your arm towards it) and then he hit the trigger on the release. i was alittle worried, then when i took it to the shop (a different one from where i bought it) they said it was fine, then today is when i noticed the cable.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:02 PM

oh... ok so it was not before you bought it, it was before it was actually put together. ok, well take it somewhere, and see what they say.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:02 PM

oh yeh, never, never, let someone who doesn't have experience with bows draw one of yours!!!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:12 PM

yeahi know that nowhe told me he wasnt. so i just called the shop where i got to and they said to bring it in. another thing if the cams were bad from the dry fire wouldnt they have not have been able to betuned when i took it to the shop. i watched them do everything when they set it up and they were definately in tune along with therest and everything else. could it just be a wierd thing that happend at once, cause when i got my bow friday night, i went to wax the string and cables, and they were as hard asa rock, you could tell they havent been waxed since they got em at gander, could that have made them do it?
and thanks for all the posts and help vabowman.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM

hopefully it is just a cable thing and they can just replace them, I would think if the cames were screwed it would be difficult to tune. the cable is surely screwed though. cross your fingers and don't freak out, it's not the first time a bow has been dry fired!! it will be ok I think, just let the pros check it and see.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:32 PM

Ok, thank you for the help and i will TRY to not freak out. o and it tuned very easily it took them only a few minutes to get it setup with the levels and lasers. i will let ya'll know how it comes out.

Quick Reply: isnt she purty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.