Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new bow???

Old 03-16-2008, 04:15 PM

Default new bow???

I just got my new bow tuned today and was sighting it in, and when i shot on an angle my arrow moved over to the left. so i decide to try something, which was i didnt even look at my level on my sight and just shoot well when i did that it was a bulls eye. what is this happening?? when i shot straight on it dosnt happen just when i shoot on a angle and its barley on a angle.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:28 AM

Default RE: new bow???

If you're torqing your bow your sights can line up with the target and shoot way off to left or right (or even up and down for some shooters).

If you aren't holding your sights level you can also miss left to right very easily.

Use the bubble and focus on aligning it to develop good muscle memory so you don't have to physically align the bubble every shot. Eventually it will become second nature.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:13 PM

Default RE: new bow???

i know i am not torquing my bow for sure, i have had the guys on here help me out a couple times, now you said make sure the bubble is level, well when i shoot i make sure the bubble is level, i shot on purpose with the bubble off level, and my shot was perfect. so could it be my sight or my arrow rest? i am shooting a WB? this sort of thing happend with my last bow. should i not think of using the buble?