Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Grip Pinch Issue >

Grip Pinch Issue

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Grip Pinch Issue

Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Grip Pinch Issue

I finally got strings on my bow, so I'm able to get back into working on my form and trying out my new ST-3. I was given some great instructions on my grip by Rob this weekend, and I was able to get out today and work on doing some blank bale drills, and trying to get a solid anchor point (more on that possibly later...it's a whole other issue). Well I KNOW what I want to do with my grip, and I'm evening doing it right from what what I understand, but I seem to be getting a pinch/blister just below the base of my thumb toward my index finger. It seems as I concentrate on placing the grip in this point and rolling my wrist out a bit, when I draw, the grip must be pivoting a bit where it's resting in my hand, and causing a nice little sore wear spot on my hand. What am I doing wrong? Too much pressure on the riser during the draw cycle? Too much twist in my hand? Am I overthinking the 45 degree to the riser rule and trying to put too much angle in my hand/wrist/forearm?