Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Problems Tuning QAD Rest >

Problems Tuning QAD Rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problems Tuning QAD Rest

Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Problems Tuning QAD Rest

Is anyone having trouble paper tuning the QAD Ultra rest? I switched from a WB and was tuned perfect on paper. I cannot seem to get the QAD to paper tune correctly. I have the rest moved in as far right close to the riser as functionally possible, but am still getting an off tear. It is noticibly worse w/ blazers than w/ feathers. It is acceptable w/ feathers, but still not perfect.
Does anyone have any recomendations, thoughts, or experiences?

Old 03-10-2008, 07:50 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Problems Tuning QAD Rest

I hate to say this, but I just sold a QAD ultra because of this. I have the QAD on my commander with no problems whatsoever. I tried putting on my single cam liberty and to get a good tear and bare shaft out to 30 yards, I had to set so close to the riser, I was 1/4" off centershot. I put the ripcord on it and no problems. I noticed when I timed it so it stayed up longer, it would behave better but not perfect.

I would say your facing two problems. With the blazers, you cannot get close enough to the riser to get a good tear before you get fletch interferrence where i was able to.

I have noticed "our" problem ona few single cams. I have to wonder if its not a problem with the string not perfectly vertical from cam to idler wheel with single cam. Because they work perfect on binary cams where the string is perfectly verticle compared to the bow.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very interesting...

Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Spike

I couldn't get the ultra rest to tune on my gardian. I put a limbdriver on and my problems went away.some guys swear by them and some guys swear at them! My problem was mostly fetching contact.

Mark
Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 AM

I am having the same problem with my old XI that my father now shoots. He has the rest so far over that he would have the shoot a deer with a field point.... I like the QAD but I have put the rip cord on my new truth 2 with perfect tuning.
I am not sure y it will not tune but will need to fix it quickly, 3-D time is here.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 AM

No problems on the X Force with the QAD Hunter rest.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen this in about 1 or 2 that I sell and setup. They can be a breeze or they can be a PITA! If you are getting much contact it will soon be fraying your feathers.

Dan
Old 03-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is strange... i am fraying feathers due to contact... but I am actually shooting very well. Should I stick w/ it even though the center shot is so far off or just get rid of it altogether?
Thy the ripcord or go back to the WB?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter
For full containment, the WB, and the New Hostage Pro rest are both great choices. For a Fall away you really can't beat a Limb Driver.

Dan
Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

It is strange... i am fraying feathers due to contact... but I am actually shooting very well. Should I stick w/ it even though the center shot is so far off or just get rid of it altogether?
You know TFOX told me, "its not right", and yes, I got mine to work 1/4" to the riser past center. But it shouldn't be that way. So I took it off. Sold on Ebay.

But it has worked find for my bowtech commander and a guardian.

Quick Reply: Problems Tuning QAD Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.