Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 05 alligence or 06 switchback xt >

05 alligence or 06 switchback xt

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

05 alligence or 06 switchback xt

Old 03-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default 05 alligence or 06 switchback xt

I currently have a alli and was considering going to a single cam and the xt is one of the best out there. What would you guys do, keep the alli or go for the xt. I dont know what to do really. I like the alli but is it time to try something new.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 05 alligence or 06 switchback xt

I would take a look a the Diamond MarquisIf you are looking for a single cam. Shoots fast, quiet, near shock free. I believe you would be making a mistake not giving Diamond a chance.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

I don't have direct experience with the xt, but my friend shoots a tech29. He bought the xt and threw that one around. He still shoots the tech29. If you just want to try the single cam, I would look into the Black Ice or the one mentioned above.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the Allegiance is arguably the best Hunting Bow made in the last few years.

Dan
Old 03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, you won’t find a smoother drawing bow than the SB – I just can’t believe how smooth it is to draw back. I’ve had some past shoulder issues, so a smooth draw cycle is at the top of my list of needs. I have shot the Marquis and it does shoot very well. Must admit though, I’m picky, and it seems a little off balance to me – seems a touch top heavy.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had an 05 allegiance, and it was a fast bow. There were things about it I did not like and it is no where near the bow the new allegiances are. Im not a real big fan of mathews but the drenalin and dxt are nice bows. If you are looking for a new bow there are so many differant choices out there I wouldnt limit yourself to those two. If you dead set on an allegiance take my advice and shoot one of the new ones, and while your at it check out some of the other bows available.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for all the responces. I currently have the 05 alligence so i know about it and i can shoot it well and it is comfortable for me to shot, however i would like to try a single cam bow, switchback, black ice, ross, whatever the case maybe but i am looking at doing a one for one swap trade straight up with someone that would like to try somthing new to them. I can afford one of the new bows trust me the marque and black ice are way up there on my list of bows i would own had i had the money to buy one but i need to do a trade straight across. that is the main reason for not really looking at new bows.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Switchback!