Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

commander

Old 03-02-2008, 08:11 PM

Default commander

i have a bowtech commander it was at 71# now its at 65# and i did not adjust it at all whats up can any body help thanks.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:21 PM

Default RE: commander

Check your limb bolts, they may have backed out on you. I have 4 friends that shoot gaurdians and commanders and they have all had the limb bolts back out as these bows were not manufactured with lock bolts or set screws to hold the limb bolts.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sctf520

Check your limb bolts, they may have backed out on you. I have 4 friends that shoot gaurdians and commanders and they have all had the limb bolts back out as these bows were not manufactured with lock bolts or set screws to hold the limb bolts.
Hmmmmmmm I own 2 of them that have thousands of shots through them and have never seen or heard of this.

Check the brace height and AtA I dare say the string and cables have crept and probably need replacing.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:45 AM

it's not the limb bolts i will check the brace height and ata when i get back in town.thanks guys
Old 03-05-2008, 11:42 AM

how do you check ata and brace height from where to where do you measure from thanks for any help you can give me
Old 03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

The AtA is measured from the top axle to the bottom axle hence AtA.

The brace is measured from the deepest part of the grip to the string.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sctf520

It's hard telling how many shots I've put on 2 Guardians and never had any movement from the Limb bolts at all. I'd say you got some stretch in the cables and strings and things got a little out of spec. At least that's where I'd look.

Dan
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM

ok brace height is 7 3/4" specs are 8" ata is 37 1/2 specs are 37 1/2" whats next thanks guys.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
bigcountry

How did you measure the poundage? I bought a viking bow scale myself, and was 4lbs too low, and went around to like 3 bow shops measuring this certain compound and got weights from 65lb-71lbs.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Keno, take your bow to a good shop that uses a digital draw weight scale and have it checked, if it still checks 6 pounds light you have some type of failure or slippage going on that I would not attempt to diagnose through the internet or even on a phone call. To all of you professional bow mechanics that post on here, Ihave only been working on archery equipment for 30 years so I probably don't know as much as the rest of you, but, I did learn a long time ago to always start with the most obvious and simplest possible fix first, hence the limb bolts. As for string stretch, it is always a possibility but not to this extent and it is not a diagnosis for every problem that someone might have. I would not think that a less than a year old bow would exibit this much stretch, especially with the ata at spec, I personally shoot an 07 Ally withclose to 15,000 shots onitthat has experienced 0 string stretch, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I was simply trying to diagnos his problem in obvious steps since I did notknow what type of equipment that he might possess to work on his bow (not everyone has a bow shop in thier basement). If this sounds like a tirade on my part it is simply because I will not have anyone who does notknow me or that I do not know make light of me when I am simply trying to help someone who asked for help. With that being said I will not read or post to this forum again.Keno good luck. Good bye.