Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NEW BOW....WHAY WOULD YOU GET. >

NEW BOW....WHAY WOULD YOU GET.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NEW BOW....WHAY WOULD YOU GET.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default NEW BOW....WHAY WOULD YOU GET.

I need help....I want to get a new bow..I havent bought a new one for 7 years. I am thinking about the 82nd airborne and the drenalin. If you had the money to buy a new bow what bow would you buy. I think i want a faster bow. My old on is rated at 300, but my buddys bow which is a switchback dominates it in speed and penetration. I think its time for an upgrade.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NEW BOW....WHAY WOULD YOU GET.

I'd shoot as many as I could before making a choice.

I started the season with a new bow in mind, and tried both the Drenalin and the Switchback XT. The Drenalin just didn't feel right for me, but I liked the SBXT and so I got it. It shot very nicely in the field, and everything was good until I started shooting it in league. Then I found - or at least convinced myself - that having a short axle bow and a long (30") draw length were not compatible, for me. I just couldn't maintain good anchor points with a string peep that was too far from my eyeball.

I tried a bow with a longer Axle-to-Axle length, one that matched what I'd been shooting for 6+ years, and promptly dumped the SBXT. I really like my new Diamond Marquis! And I'm going to like the 101st Airborne I'll be "winning in a raffle" soon: I have shot both the 82nd and the 101st, and find that the brace height of the 101st is more to my liking.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot both the 82 and the 101. They both pack a lot of KE. It depends a lot on how much you shoot, draw length, etc., and don't overlook the Allegiance either. It is undoubtedly one of the Best Hunting Bows on the market since 05.

Dan
Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Diamond Marquis and I LOVE IT! But those Airbornes look mighty good too.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Witch ever glove fits.....Grip,Draw,Let off,Balance all come into play if your going to pay....
Old 02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at the airbornes. I prefered the 101st but shoot them both and then decide.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

If my Ross 337 dissappeared I would look at another Ross as well as a PSE X force 7,Drenaline LD, Bowtech Guardian and 101st,Hoyt Katera XL and pick from those bows. I need at least a 30.5 inch DL.

I feel good about myshooting and won't be changing soon though.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

I like the new Hoyt Katera lineup I have the Vulcan o from '07 and love it I have also been a big fan of the new Avenger for what you pay for it I personally think it is worth its weiught in gold.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

As others said, SHOOT 'EM ALL, then decide!!! I could tell you I absolutely loved the Pearson Stealth and Hoyt Katera XL, but you may hate them, so go shoot everything you can, and pay close attention to how it feels when you draw it, and how the release feels, and how it feels in your hand. When I shot everything under the sun last year, the bow I liked the BEST was actually a Reflex Ridgeline34, but that was just my personal opinion. The previous year, the TRYKON XL tricked my trigger, but I couldn't see paying $700+ for a bow, so I bought mine used a year old for half that, and it's a great shooter. If you're not 100% set on NEW, check out the AT classifieds, there are a BUNCH of great deals there, an more flying on each day as guys are getting their '08's, and dumping their "old(mostly 1-2yr old)" bows. Good Luck!!!