Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trying to learn

Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Spike

Default Trying to learn

my bowtech mighty might is set at 55lb and i wont to go up, but the top limb wont tightin up, the bottom one will , im useing just a alen wrench and i know i need a alen with a t handel to get more leverage but i dont get why i can turn the top but not the bottom limb screw.

any help would be apresheated , im trying to learn how to set up and tune a bow.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trying to learn

i bought my bow from an old man and my screws were still too. i just pulled the allen wrench til it almost broke but the screw loosened up. maybe some penetrating oil? (WD-40) i don't think it'd mess up the limb but i'd cover it up anyhow just to be on the safe side.

the best thing to do would probably be just bring it to a local archery shop.
1. they know what they're doing and have tools for it.
2. if they break ur bow, they'll pay for it
Old 02-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the limb bottomed out? If it is your bow is out of tune.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

Is the limb bottomed out? If it is your bow is out of tune.
i dont know but it looks pretty close, is that why i cant turn the top limb bolt?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try loosening it. Maybe it's already bottomed.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:47 PM

if the limb is against the riser its maxed out. what i would do is make sure both limbs are tight against the riser then draw the bow if the top feels heavy slightly loosen the top limb bolt if the bottom feels heavier loosen the bottom.when both limbs feel even you have adjusted your tiller.
you can get more draw weight out of your bow by having the strings or cables twisted but i dont suggest it
Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Spike

i put some oil on it and went to walmart and got a alen wrench with a grip on it. and last night i got it to turn, when yall said is it bottomed out i thought yall ment, is it as low as it will go,it was far from being maxed out.

so when i get my tiller set im going to need help tuning. how fast will my bow be set at 65lb's?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:24 AM

With a 400 grain total arrow weight, and an average draw length (28"); I would suspect somewhere in the mid 260s.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

No way of saying what the speed might be, really. You turn the bow up 10# you may have to get stiffer, heavier arrows. Speed might not increase all that much. You'd be surprised.

Glad you got the bolt to turn. Some are real boogers.

And as a matter of terminology "bottomed out" means set at max weight.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:36 PM

to add to what BG said bottomed out refers to the limbs being at the lowest point in the riser pocket which is against the riser inside the pocket which as BG and i have said will give you max draw weight.
Also once you get your bow maxed out and tiller set its time to go to the pro shop to find out what the draw weight and draw length of the bow is, and decide on what grainbroadhead you want to use then use a chart to find the proper spine for your arrow length and draw weight which is easier than getting the arrow in the length and spine then trying to work in the broadhead.
http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htmthere is a tech help section which will guide you in arrow selection too

Quick Reply: Trying to learn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.