Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Verifying Lens Peeps. >

Verifying Lens Peeps.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Verifying Lens Peeps.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Verifying Lens Peeps.

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Rob,
I JUST found mine..........in an old bow case. I was pulling my hair out trying to find it.

I have the hooded Speacialty peep with the 1/4" aperture , reducer and verifiers.

The lens I have is a "pink" which I thought was the lowest power they had?

Anyway, I tried it for a couple days and found I would rather see the detail on the target vs on the pins. I just couldn't see the target detail as well as I would like with it but may try it again shortly. I was always paranoid of some funky lighting condition completely blurring out the target on me as well.

Also the entire peep set up with Verifier installed weighs 26 grains, my Tru-Peep only weighs 9 grains. That's pretty darn heavy for a peep sight.

I spoke with a friend who is an optometrist, and I have to go with Matt on this one. If you use a lens to clear up your near vision, just like reading glasses then everything distant will get blurry, at least a little. This is if you shoot with one eye shut like I do, not sure how it would work with both eyes open.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

All I can say is I use one and it doesnt blur my distance at all whether I have one eye shut or both open.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know it will with a clearifying lens but I thought a verifying lens is different. I'll know as soon as it comes in and I'll report back. I thought it'd been here today, perhaps tomorrow or Monday.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

For me it blurs........at least to a small degree. The pins are sharp but I'm used to being able to see scoring rings and very defined holes in targets with the naked eye and these go away thru the verifier. Maybe I need the new lowest power one? "Purple" is it?
The .010 pins do elongate on me with the naked eye and have a tendency to blend especially since I went Green.yellow,green,yellow,green. Maybe I'll mess with it on the new constitution and see.

If i had a bow where I wasn't trying to wring every last FPS out of I might try it again to be sure.........but I don't really want to sacrifice 4-5fps on my current 3d bow. The Airborne on the other hand? LOL Just make sure it's tied in well.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Matt, #5, purple. Purple to match color of strings you should shoot. Purple and Hot Pink.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Yes Matt, #5, purple. Purple to match color of strings you should shoot. Purple and Hot Pink.
Easy thereAquaman, do even shoot a bow anymore?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I got mine and the SOB doesn't fit my Super Peep. It's made to fit the NEW Super BALL peep. I have to send it back and see if there is one to fit my older Super Peep or I need to order that new peep.[:@]
Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Well I got mine and the SOB doesn't fit my Super Peep. It's made to fit the NEW Super BALL peep. I have to send it back and see if there is one to fit my older Super Peep or I need to order that new peep.[:@]
Rob, measure that insert and shoot me a PM with that number. I probably havea super peep for you that will fit this. I've got at least 3 of them that are all less than 3 years old that don't get used. I'll trade you for one of those mouth calls we were talking about. [8D]
Old 02-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Did you take the old insert out first? I wasn't aware that they'd changed things. Maybe they did. I guess they sell more peeps that way.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got it squared, I just spent more money now I have two. The one I ordered was a 1/4". I needed the 1/8" for my Super Peep and the 1/4" fits the Super Ball Peep which I also ordered, now I have two in two sizes.

I'll still get ya that mouth call Matt, maybe even a better "custom" made one.

Quick Reply: Verifying Lens Peeps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.