Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Limb Driver Experts. >

Limb Driver Experts.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limb Driver Experts.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Limb Driver Experts.

Ok I brought a Limb Driver off Dan (meanv) good guy and great customer service.

Today I installed it on my Marquis and found a problem with the Roller guard.

The rope for a better word that attaches from the rest to the limb rubs on the roller guard rod.

Now this does not stop the rest from working but over time it is going to wear the camo film off that section and could ( note I did say COULD ) wear through the rope.

I will add the rest was installed as per instructions.

Looking over the rest if the lever where the rope attaches to the rest was on the inside this would not be a problem but I can not move it as there is a little stop bar that would also have to be moved.

Sorry about the pic quality I had to use my phone as my batteries in my digi cam are flat.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Limb Driver Experts.

Another view.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just looked at the one I have on my solid limb bow and it lays against my cable slide bar just like yours lays against the roller guard. There are no wear marks at all (8 months of use, probably over a 1500 shots at the very least) and I'll tell you why. As you look at the cable now it is tight, keeping the rest down. As you draw the cable begins to go slack which allows the rest to rise up. So the cable does not really rub up and down it just gets taught or loose. There may be a minor bit of "rub" but if you watch it while you draw you won't see much "up and down" motion, just tight and slack.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Bruce.

I have taken it off and put my Boddodle Game dropper back on for a 3d shoot tomorrow.

Willre-install it again next week.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I just looked at the one I have on my solid limb bow and it lays against my cable slide bar just like yours lays against the roller guard. There are no wear marks at all (8 months of use, probably over a 1500 shots at the very least) and I'll tell you why. As you look at the cable now it is tight, keeping the rest down. As you draw the cable begins to go slack which allows the rest to rise up. So the cable does not really rub up and down it just gets taught or loose. There may be a minor bit of "rub" but if you watch it while you draw you won't see much "up and down" motion, just tight and slack.
I agree, I also have the Marquis and the Limb Driver and I have had for a month now and no I don't think it will wear out. Well maybe after a long time but like bruce said it doesn't really move up and down more like slack a tight so... Only time will tell!
Old 02-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is actually little to no pressure against the roller bracket. I have had mine on the Marquis since Oct. and cord and bracket show no signs of any wear.

Dan
Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I received one of the very first Marquises off the line, and immediately installed a Limbdriver. Killed a deer within a day or two (there's a thread about it somewhere in the anals of history), as well as four more over the course of the season. Shot it pretty much daily if not every-other-day for that time duration, and even shot a 3d tourney with it -- and my finish on the roller guard arm looks just as good as it did the day I got it.

Like Dan said, I don't think there's enough pressure being applied to that arm to do anything to the finish.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I understand correctly,the string has no pressure once you start to draw the bow so there is a very short period time during the shot that the string makes contact so it really isn't rubbing,IS IT?

Just something to think about.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

If I understand correctly,the string has no pressure once you start to draw the bow so there is a very short period time during the shot that the string makes contact so it really isn't rubbing,IS IT?
Exactly
Old 02-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe I am a little on the anal side when it comes to something making contact with my bow

It could be something that Vapourtrail can address in the future, it would not take much to drill a hole and put another pin on the inside of the rest so who ever can set the cord attachment to where they want it, which would stop all contact with the roller guard and offer some protection of the cord.

Quick Reply: Limb Driver Experts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.