Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Arizona easy fletch? >

Arizona easy fletch?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arizona easy fletch?

Old 02-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arizona easy fletch?

Taz.
I have fletched hundreds of arrows for myself and my friends with the EZ fletch.

I have as yet to get any complaints about the job it does.

Aussie by birth Texan by choice
Old 02-06-2003, 03:31 PM
pup

i had one o personaly didnt like it it seamed kinda sloppy and just didnt fletch them with the quality of say a blitz or a jo jan

peta SUCKS
Old 02-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Allways worked well for me no complaints . You may have problems with small diamiter shafts . A blitzinberger would be better for that .

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place
Old 02-06-2003, 08:47 PM

I've been fletching mine with the EZ Fletcher since 1992. I've fletched with the Bitz, Jo-Jan and the Greyling hoping over and over they would offer something I needed or didn't have already, I still continue to use my EZ. Feather or vanes it doesn't matter. 1, 2 or 3 it doesn't matter. Its "fool" simple and fast.

Toby
Old 02-07-2003, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ahhh it appears as though a few more witnesses have spoken up with good things to say, some bad. I may just get one and check it out. I don't shoot competively, nor am I looking for 2 inch groups at 60 yards. I think I may get one, I practice year round, but it is just for hunting and my satisfaction, I shoot enough to where I know in short order my investment will pay for itself.

Thanks all of you for your input.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Proud father of a Devil Dog
Old 02-07-2003, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have one, but quite frankly it is now retired. I use a Greyling (cheap knock off of the Bitz). I was not at all happy with the precision of the EZ, and I also thought it was sloppy. It is not a bad fletcher, but IMO there are better ones out there.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

reylamb when you say it is imprecise, how bad? Will it throw an arrow off at 40 yards enough to notice? I practice to 40, but would never take a shot over 30, maybe 35 if I am grouping real well and the deer is head down.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Proud father of a Devil Dog
Old 02-07-2003, 07:46 AM
Spike

Tazman have used the E Z for about 8 years. have had 2 of them, the first had no guides on the arms, a little trickey to use. new model has guides and for vanes, works super. i do use a little bow wax on the arms so fletch tite don't pull off new fletch. nok guide is adj. if it don't line up right, turn it 180deg. use a BPE for feathers. hope this helps. jim

Old 02-07-2003, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Taz,

The one I had had no marks on it, and I did not always get my feathers lined up exactly right. It did not have any detrimental effect on arrow flight, it was just an asthetics thing for me.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:23 AM

Taz, I have a Bitzenberger and like it for the fact that I can play around and adjust the offset of the vanes or how far I put them from the base of the arrow. My brother in-law has an Arizona easy fletch and is very happy with it. I think if you take your time it will work fine. If I remember right it has a spring that helps to close the arms so you have to close it slowley or it will slap onto the arrow and the result is not real pretty. Once you get the hang of it, it works great. I beliewv they also offer 2 models, one for alluminum and one for carbon(smaller diameter) arrows.

It is all personal preference, I like to be able to tinker with my set-up, others just want it the way it is and go.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Arizona easy fletch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.