Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS Stabilizers

Old 01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: STS Stabilizers

They will outlast regular silencers, and as an added benefit, they keep the string at brace height after the shot, eliminting the need for an arm gaurd.
Exactly. And... as an added benefit, I like the fact that I can remove whatever hush kit or leeches is on the string and have nothing but my tied-in nocksets, d-loop and peep on the string -- and I feel I am JUST as quiet as I am with leeches on the string.

I got a brand new '08 Guardian in a few days ago, and the first thing I did before even setting it up was to screw in the MeanV suppressor I had just got in for it and cut off the hush kit on the string. Super-quiet, and picked up a foot or two per second in the process.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Exactly. And... as an added benefit, I like the fact that I can remove whatever hush kit or leeches is on the string and have nothing but my tied-in nocksets, d-loop and peep on the string -- and I feel I am JUST as quiet as I am with leeches on the string.

I got a brand new '08 Guardian in a few days ago, and the first thing I did before even setting it up was to screw in the MeanV suppressor I had just got in for it and cut off the hush kit on the string. Super-quiet, and picked up a foot or two per second in the process.
Dan, I'm sure that you've tested this, what's your opinion removing string silencers to gain speed? I see from your web site that you left them on your bow.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Dan, I'm sure that you've tested this, what's your opinion removing string silencers to gain speed? I see from your web site that you left them on your bow.
Most cut them off. I usually slide them out against the speed nocks. Any speed lose is minimal. I doubt it would make any difference in noise if I took them off. Most I talk to claim they can tell no difference in noise with or without string silencers. There are other benefits to String Suppressors than thenoise reduction they offer, but that is a big one, and I like Quiet!

Dan
Old 01-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I understand right sliding the string silencers out towards the cams will help increase speed while still helping to reduce vibration and noiser? If so what kind of speed increase can be expected?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

If I understand right sliding the string silencers out towards the cams will help increase speed while still helping to reduce vibration and noiser? If so what kind of speed increase can be expected?
Gaining is not always the case, but sliding them out towards the end does minimize anylose. It probably also makes their silencing less effective, but that's not a major concern with a String Suppressor on.

Dan
Old 01-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help, guys. Dan, I'll be ordering one from your website soon.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help Dan and others. I ordered a MeanV suppressor today. I'll follow up and let you know what I think after I get it.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that a string suppressor does a big difference. Example: I bought new Marquis this year and it come with a string suppressor and no string silencer on the string except on the cable. My bow is very quiet. Another guy that lives in town has an 07 guardian and put new strings and but didn't replace the silencers, the other day when I was at the range I noticed his bow was making allot of noise but couldn't figure out why. So i started looking at his bow and then it clicked. he doesn't have the string silencers on his bow, and neither does mine but mine has the string suppressor! So I believe a suppressor does a big difference.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:38 PM

jb,
MeanV's CSS is awesome! I have the BT Tribute. It was real quiet now it's silent. ZERO shock. My recommendation is you give it a shot. The STS is bulky and just ugly. I believe you will really hear and feel the diffrence.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite part about my MeanV STS is that it takes away hand shock. I don't know if it does it for anybody else but my Hoyt Lazertec has no vibration whatsoever after the shot.

Quick Reply: STS Stabilizers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.