HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   STS Stabilizers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/229126-sts-stabilizers.html)

bucksnortinted 02-05-2008 04:52 PM

RE: STS Stabilizers

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

They look great and I'd love to get one if I can be proven of its effectiveness. Is it worth the $45 dollars or will string leeches do as good of a job? I've never seen them used first hand so I'm just wondering what everyones experience with it is.
i have a fred bear truth bow and it made a big difference on it not only taking the string noise lower but also less hand vibration on it,plus your bow will perform better because your string is stopping at your brace height you will be impressed if you put one on your bow............Ted

LKNCHOPPERS 02-06-2008 09:40 AM

I have to agree with MeanV2, go with the products he suggest. They are much better than putting silencers on your string. Buy the rear mount if your bow will accommodate it.

MDBUCKHUNTER 02-08-2008 08:08 PM

I took off my STS one day at the range and let my buddy try it compared to his factory Bowtech equipment. There was no comparison...STS way out performed the stock Bowtech equipment. Much quieter now too!

ArrowMike 02-08-2008 09:22 PM

I just received my STS from Mean V today. I just installed it less than 1 hr ago and served the string. Took it in the basement and shot it, and it was quieter than before. Not that my bow was not quiet before, but now it’s like whisper quiet. Oh yeah, and it looks good too.

Shimmeringleaves 02-10-2008 10:41 AM

I have just ordered a MeanV suppressor for my bow and cannot wait for it to arrive. Thanks again Dan for answering my questions and the quick shipment of your product. :):):)

wack 02-10-2008 02:43 PM

I have an STS on my Parker hornet and love it. In cold weather with a big jacket on I can shoot with out worry of it hitting my jacket sleeve even when I'm not in A perfect shooting position. I should have taken my string leaches off and switched them to my cables, but after only a few shots with ths STS installed, my leaches ripped in half and fell off. It would make sense to me to remove the leaches from the string and move them to the cables but I didn't get the chance. If you want to save your leaches, don't shoot with them and the STS installed, the leaches wont last very long if you do.

blackjeep04 02-10-2008 03:21 PM

x2 on the leaches. After the third release I made after the STS install my bottom leachfell outto the ground. That was all I needed to see to understand the purpose of the stabilizer. Instant stop!! and very quiet. I read that taking the leaches off will also add 2-3 fps to your bow as well.

ORIGINAL: wack

I have an STS on my Parker hornet and love it. In cold weather with a big jacket on I can shoot with out worry of it hitting my jacket sleeve even when I'm not in A perfect shooting position. I should have taken my string leaches off and switched them to my cables, but after only a few shots with ths STS installed, my leaches ripped in half and fell off. It would make sense to me to remove the leaches from the string and move them to the cables but I didn't get the chance. If you want to save your leaches, don't shoot with them and the STS installed, the leaches wont last very long if you do.

Shimmeringleaves 02-15-2008 03:42 PM

I just received the MeanV custom string suppressor in the mail today and mounted it to my bow. Thanks Dan for the great product. I cannot wait to go and shoot and see the difference.:):):):)