Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fleching jigs?

Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 AM

Default fleching jigs?

I want to buy a fletching jig but don't know what to buy any suggestions??
Old 01-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fleching jigs?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2564179
Old 01-18-2008, 08:16 AM

I use the arizona jig , fletchs whole arrow in minutes.... i have 4 of them dozen arrows done in less than half hour.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 AM
bigcountry

I have a few fletchers, and I still use that silly arizona and it does a perfect job. I still use my bitz and jo-jan for feathers or if I want to do something fancy, but it takes so long with those.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had my Grayling Jig for years, fairly cheap if I remember right! I just did a dozen arrows for my Longbow, the jig works perfect, the arrows fly true and they look good. I don't see the need to drop a ton of money on a jig unless your fletching hundreds of arrows a year. Save the money for a cresting machine because that'll be the next step! JMO.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

any fletcher would work fine......but don't make the same mistake i did..buy one that can give you straight or helicle mounts...otherwise you may end up buying two[:@]
Old 01-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

While you are buying you may as well spent a few more $$ and buy the best. Buy a Bitz!!

I have neverheard anyone say they were sorry they spent a few extra bucks and bought a Bitz

Dan
Old 01-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bitz is the cadilac of all in my book but Iam parcial to the jo-jan multi-fletch.only around 100-110 bucks.If you take your time they all work well...
Old 01-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bitzenberger get's my vote as well. I love mine. I've used a Jo Jan many times, it'll do the job as well. I haven't used any others, all shops I asst'd in had either Jo Jans or Bitz's and I chose the Bitz for myself.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

read the above post on bohning jigs.

bohning tower pro's super easy to use fletching 1 to 3 vanes at a time and consistant. con's cannot get helical with it. bitz - fletches great but must fletch one at a time and buy separate clamps for straight and helical. cons on the bitz is it is about impossible to refletch one vane or feather when you damage one without refletching the entire arrow. refletching with the tower is a cinch. hope this helps.

Quick Reply: fleching jigs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.