Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which stabilizer? >

Which stabilizer?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which stabilizer?

Old 01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which stabilizer?

I am looking at two stabilizer. The first is a 26" easton a/c/e and the second is a 26" Vibracheck Freestyle which one of these would you recomend?
Thanks
Old 01-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which stabilizer?

If I used one of them I dont think I would even need my bow, I could just beat the deer to death with the stabilizer.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's for target shooting not hunting[8D]
Old 01-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know, forgive me I was being a smart a**. Couldnt help myself.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

By the way, how do you like your Marquis. I havent had a chance to shoot one yet, but they look great.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I LOVE IT! Very smooth and very fast! I love the string suppressor and roller guard! The only thing is the that I am just able to get enough vane clearance with the roller guard. other than that no complaints.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant wait to shoot one. I was at a pro shop that had one, but didnt have it set up to shoot yet.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Stabilizers and what works from bow to bow and shooter to shooter will vary wildly.

On a target rig, the stabilizer is not really indended to remove vibration as it does on a hunting rig but to provide for balance of the bow and......stabilization. That being said, the only way to really know what will work for you is to spend some time shooting both of them and pick the one that feels the best.

I believe that both of the stabs you mentioned are relatively light so either should work for you.
That being said, my wife shoots a 26" Fat Free, and it is a well made stab. It is quite light, however you can always add weights to it if you want.

If you get more into the target scene, you would probably be well advised to make a pilgrimage to either one of the larger archery shoots or a larger archery store and actually try out some of the various stabilizer models to determine if there is one out there that works better for your shooting style.

What I eventually found out, at least for my shooting was that I prefer a light, but long stabilizer (34"). Shorter stabs (30" and shorter) just don't give me the feel that I am looking for, but that is just me. Your mileage may vary.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

I prefer a 28 to 34" stabilizer with an adjustable sliding weight for optimum balance.
My currentfavorites are Genesis, Merlin, and Doinker Elite.
Other good stablizers which feature add on weights are Posten, AEP, Control Freak, and Shrewd.
Of your two choices, go with the one that appeals to you most.

Sag.

Quick Reply: Which stabilizer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.