Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2" Blazer Vanes. >

2" Blazer Vanes.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2" Blazer Vanes.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2" Blazer Vanes.

How do 2" Blazer Vanes perform? Especially with a fixed broadhead. I have a whisker biscuit and I am changing my vanes and want to know if the flight with a fixed broadhead will be okay..

Thanks..

And no thanks to the suggestions to switch to a dropaway.

Cheers.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:07 PM

Default RE: 2" Blazer Vanes.

I have shot lots of fixed broadheads with mine - even some old Bear Razorheads. No problem. Only thing is to fletch with a pretty steep helical offset.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:42 PM

Yes, they are awesome. The only arrow I've not seem them work perfectly on are big, heavy arrows w/ heavy broadheads.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love em!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Love em!
Me Too!! Anyone see the show where he used 6 vanes one one arrow? I gotta try it, I'm getting too bored this winter.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even though I prefer feathers I have shot Blazers quite a bit in the off season (what's that?) and they perform as advertised. Like stated above use a helical clamp and put as much offset as you can get and still keep theBlazer solid on the arrow.
It may not look like much, but it will work

Dan
Old 01-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

They do have limits, like mobow said. When I tested them, I had good flight up until I tried fixed broadheads that were 1 1/2" wide. They did just fine up to that point but accuracy went to pot with the extra large heads. Don't go any bigger than 1 1/4" cut and they'll probably do a fine job for you.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Spike

I've been shooting blazers for a few years now and they are on the moneyshooting mybroadheads (G5 Stryker's)as compared to myfield tips. Go get them.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Blazers have worked perfectly for me. I use a right offset when I fletch them and I've been able to get Muzzys, RM Snypers, Sonics and G5's to fly perfect with my field points at 305 fps.

I wouldn't however recommend them with the Whisker Bisquit. With the large/high profile, do they fit throught the circumference of the rest? Anyone use Blazers with the WB?

I always as many above recommend a hard helical or offset and wouldn't that be detrimental to the flight through a WB?

If I were to ever use a WB (which I never will), I'd use feathers.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, Rob i use the blazers with the WB and have 0 clearance problems I have shot them thousands of times through the WB and they are yet to give me problems I love them, they perform better than i expected.
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Blazers have worked perfectly for me. I use a right offset when I fletch them and I've been able to get Muzzys, RM Snypers, Sonics and G5's to fly perfect with my field points at 305 fps.

I wouldn't however recommend them with the Whisker Bisquit. With the large/high profile, do they fit throught the circumference of the rest? Anyone use Blazers with the WB?

I always as many above recommend a hard helical or offset and wouldn't that be detrimental to the flight through a WB?

If I were to ever use a WB (which I never will), I'd use feathers.

Quick Reply: 2" Blazer Vanes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.