Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 quality arrows/ fletch style >

quality arrows/ fletch style

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

quality arrows/ fletch style

Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Spike

Default quality arrows/ fletch style

i bought a bow, it came with 6 Beman venture ICS arrows, they flew ok, but didn't seem to have any durability. THey cost about $50 a dozen. Is this a good arrow, or should i buy something better. I was lookin into the Axis, but i would need a new biscuit, BH adapters etc... The other arrows i was lookin at are Gold tip. I'm goin to buy bare shafts and fletch myself. I'm shootin a biscuit.. Should i try the Max Hunter vanes at a slight helical, or should i stick with 4 degree offset 4in vanes. I'm shootin MX4 BH and would like to get good arrow flight to 40 yards.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Spike

Default RE: quality arrows/ fletch style

ALot of my friends shoot gold tips and love them, for the price they are a good arrow. I shoot XX78's 2117 left helical fletch and can get almost any broadhead to shoot like field tips, I attribute alot of that to the Helical. SO i would definitely reccomend helical. You definitely want that arrow spinning, just my opinion good luck
scott
Old 01-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot maxima's and Axis classics. great arrows. I shoot a slight right helical and have never had any problems with broadhead flight. you shouldnt have to change your biscut either.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:59 PM

Arrows are the one thing you just don't want to skimp on. I understand that it's tough letting go of your hard earned cash for arrows, but man......I REALLY is worth it. Get the very best arrows you can afford.