Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 HELP WITH TUNNING!!! >

HELP WITH TUNNING!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HELP WITH TUNNING!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HELP WITH TUNNING!!!

I was paper tunning and I found three different tears from my arrows! So I need your help!
The numbers in the circle are the numbers for the arrows. #1 is always the same arrows and #2 is always the same arrows and so on.i shot three rounds in total each round with the same results.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HELP WITH TUNNING!!!

GREAT! now i can't upload pictures!![>:]

Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok so it's not working so i will try to explain. Arrow #1 always tears straight up, arrow #2 tears horizontally to the left and arrow #3 tears up and to the left these arrows always do the same thing. There i hope you guys can help me with this!
Thanks
Old 01-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Since all 3 arrows are doing the same thing and none are the same, try rotating the nock on each arrow and see if the tear changes for that arrow. If it does it is more than likely a spine issue. I see that you have a 55# draw weight but you don't say what your drawlength is. You could probably get by with 400 spine arrows if the arrow length is over about 28". If they are shorter you would probably need to go to a 500 spine to come out right. Hope this helps a little, it just seemed to be what is most likely the problem to me.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My draw length is 28 1/2 but I'm putting a loop on so the draw length will be 28". The arrows I currently have are 28" though, but I would say that they are about a inch too long, don't understand why since i have the 28" draw mod on.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok so i turned my knock on two of my arrows since the other one lost a vane. Arrow #1 changed tear every time i turned my nock, but arrow #3 kept the same tear all the time.So would this mean that arrows #1 isn't spined true? The arrows that does change tear, (arrow #3) tears up and to the left.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:10 PM

Check for fletching contact with the rest. Sounds like they aren't clearing and if each nock is indexed slighly different than the next, it'll have a different reaction to hitting the rest (or cables even).
Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM

Yes,I would check for vane contact as well since you said one got ripped off. You can use foot powder spray to spray on your vanes and then shoot them. If they are making contact with anything then it will show up in the powder that you sprayed on.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

No my vane didn't rip off it unglued itself. i know this because I'm using the bowtech hostage and there is not way the the cock vane would hit the rest. But i am getting some vane contact. I don't know if it is possible not too. might have to modify the rest a little to get rid of that. I played with my rest and i think i'm getting pretty good hole right now. Here is a picture of the last two arrows i shot. One arrows is making a nice hole (the one to the left) but the second one (the one to the right) is tearing differently. Would it be possible to have vane clearance issues with only one arrow?

Old 01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would personally remove the fletching from the equation and see what happens.

If you still get a tear that is different with each one,I would replace the nocks,if you still have tears with the center shot set correctly(you don't find centershot with paper) and the tear is different with each,get new arrows.If you get the same tear with each arrow,then you have a torque or spine issue.

If all checks out good,refletch and turn the nocks untill there is no conatct.If you can't get rid of the contact,get it trimmed or get a new rest.

See my thread at the top on tuning.

I have found that these types of capture rest are a little more difficult to paper tune.BUT,I have never tuned a Hostage.The same issue I found should still apply.

Quick Reply: HELP WITH TUNNING!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.