Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Stabilizer for Marquis >

Stabilizer for Marquis

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilizer for Marquis

Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 AM

Default Stabilizer for Marquis

I want to buy a stabilizer for my Marquis what and was wondering what would be good one to put on there for tournaments and what would be a good one to put on there for hunting. I was thinking of getting a long one for tournaments and removing it for hunting because I have a tight budget [:@]
Old 01-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stabilizer for Marquis

I've got a 6" Stealth on my Marquis; I've been hunting with this combination for over a couple months now.

It seems to balance perfectly with it, and I'll probably use this rig at least once in one of the upcoming 3d shoots in the local area...

In addition to the incredible vibration-dampening capabilities this stab offers, they're also dipped at the same place all the Bowtech/Diamond bows are dipped at -- offering an absolutely perfect color match.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:20 AM

and for tournaments what would you recommend?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:45 PM

and if my bow is top heavy what should I do??

Old 01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Bowtech Wildthing works very good on every bow I've tried one on

Dan
Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 AM

my local shop tells me 80 bucks for the wildthing but that seem high priced
what would you expect to pay for one of those?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Nichunter

my local shop tells me 80 bucks for the wildthing but that seem high priced
what would you expect to pay for one of those?
On the Bowtech website the MSRP is only $49.99

Dan
Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Length gives you stabilization, meaning enhancing the ability to hold steady. I've not gotten much stabilizing effect from anything less than 10" and I consider anything shorter than that to just be a shock absorber and counterweight. So if you want something for tournament shooting, you want a long one. I'd guess you're going to be shooting one of the bowhunter classes so that puts you looking for something 12" or less in length.

I always shot either Compound Unaided, Bowhunter Fingers or Bowhunter Release classso my stabilizer had to be 12" max. I also had the 12" max rule for the NFAA classes I shot. So, I used an old Doinker Shorty mounted on an aluminum extension rod I made up to give me 11.5" total length. The combination of length and having most of it's weight on the far end combines to give me more stabilizing effect than either one alone would give.

Originally I just had a piece of brass on the end of that extension, but replaced it with the Doinker when they hit the market. When I go hunting, I just remove the extension and use the Doinker by itself.

You can't have mine. But it'll give you an idea of what I'd recommend you look for.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:23 PM

I've got a 6" Stealth on my Marquis; I've been hunting with this combination for over a couple months now.
for long distance tournament what would you use.??
Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stealth also makes an 11 1/2" stab as well... I've got one of those on my Constitution for 3d.

Quick Reply: Stabilizer for Marquis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.