Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How is my form looking? >

How is my form looking?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How is my form looking?

Old 12-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How is my form looking?

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Practice is serious.

Practice the way you play the game.That is what I always tell my 9 year old.
Yeah that's something else...
Old 12-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont tell people how to hold a bow BUT that 2nd pic is how I hold but I keep my fingers together and my thumb pointed out alittle more away from the riser and the grip just balances between my thumb and pointer,then on release it just canters forward alittleand the strap keeps it from falling to far....been shooting like this for just about 20 yrs(thus the wrist strap),the 1st 4 yrs I griped the bow due to the fact I didnt have the wrist strap.......
Too this day I cant see how guys grip the bow with fingers on the riser.....kinda like your 1st pic......
Old 12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

well, I'm far from being an expert but one thing I noticed is your bow arm is slightly bent and just before the shot you straighten is out untill it's almost locked....

F.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to see you finish your shot with your release hand coming through to a touch point on the deltoid. This will clean things up a bit and make it a bit more consistent.

Other than this, your in good enough shape that it's gonna take someone working with you in person to make any good changes.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:02 AM

the only thing that bothers me, is it looks like you were pulling your release elbow around. usually, in a shooter w/ a good shot, the movement is undetectable because there is no pulling. is your release shoulder getting a little sore on top?
Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gibblet

the only thing that bothers me, is it looks like you were pulling your release elbow around. usually, in a shooter w/ a good shot, the movement is undetectable because there is no pulling. is your release shoulder getting a little sore on top?
Honestly the only thing that gets sore is right between my shoulder blades, and even then it's not too bad.