Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help me set my pins >

Help me set my pins

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help me set my pins

Old 12-28-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Help me set my pins

Hey, i just got my first bow for christmas and i need to set my pins up. my question is should i attempt to do this myself with help from ya'll, or should i take it to the bow shop and have them help me? If you think i should do it myself, how do i set my pins?
Old 12-28-2007, 05:56 PM

Default RE: Help me set my pins

You could do it yourself i just purchased a new bow and the shop i bought it from got me pretty close by eyeballing it and i chased the arrow on the rest

[/align]
Old 12-30-2007, 12:18 AM

By chasing the pins he means if your arrow are hitting up and left then move the sight and pins up and left. Down and right then go down with the pins and left with the sight. It will take a while but to get them perfect but if its your first bow it should be fun anyway. Also what i like to do is make a smaller target to aim at when im sighting in about the size of a post it or smaller. Once you are consistanly putting arrows in one of those at 20 and 30 yds then your on. Plus if its your first bow no need to go out past that for a little while anyway.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:44 AM

Problem is for me my pins go up and down but not side to side. How do i site it in then? This is my first bow too.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

they go side to side. Take a picture of your sight. Or if you cant, tell me what kind of bow you got, it will give me an idea.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

most "pins" themselves don't go side to side...the whole "mount" holding the pins will move side to side and that is what you use....make sure to line up your arrow as said above and take your first shots at like 10 yards or so just in case you are off...get it very close at ten then move back to 20 (if that is going to be your first pin) and go from there..
Old 01-02-2008, 01:20 AM

Sighting your pins is not that hard, don't be scared to try doing it yourself. Nock an arrow and look down the arrow from your bowstring to get your eye in the right spot.Line up your pins left to right with your gang adjustments. If you pins are hidden by yourbow string then they should be pretty close left to right.Start out at about 10yrds from the target so you don't send one off thru the woods...Remember, always follow your arrow with your pins and have fun.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:57 AM

If your main purpose for the bow is to hunt and if you do not plan to hunt until next fall. You have plenty of time to do it yourself. That is one of the many pleasures of archery. We can assembly our own arrows from components, and tune for varies set ups and practice to achieve the results we want/need.

When you take your first animal you can and will take great pride in you achievements, but I must warn you...you will probally be hooked to archery for the rest of your life like the rest of us.

So take your time, have fun and enjoy.

[align=left] [/align]