Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another how's my form >

Another how's my form

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another how's my form

Old 12-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Another how's my form

Figured I'd ask the experts since I've never questioned my pro shops advice. A second opinion never hurts.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another how's my form

Aim at something at eye level. It'd be easier to nit pick ya.

The way it is, your shoulders are angled from the rest of your body and that's not good form for aiming downward. You should keep that solid "T" form, no matter the uphill or downhill angle you're shooting on.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

A quick response because I need to leave but you should unlock the bow arm imo.

The rest looks pretty good but if the locked arm works better then it might be best for you but I would definately try to relax it some.Not neccesarily bending it but just relax it.

And you might want to put an arrow in the bow before you have a dry fired bow.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

My wife took the pic. Tried to get a better angle but thats what she took. If I am slightly bent at the waist in that pic, would my "T" be acceptable? I think the angle of the photo isnt helping me. So the old "bone on bone" semi locked elbow isn't preferred? I know about the arrow and dry firing, cant believe I did that.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Here's another, still slightly quartering away though. i do notice the slanted "T" though.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:06 PM

i blew the picture up and it sure looks like you need to turn your bow hand clockwise, and get the bottom left side of your palm off the grip. get your knuckles coming off at about 45 degrees.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:55 PM

ooks like you need to turn your bow hand clockwise, and get the bottom left side of your palm off the grip. get your knuckles coming off at about 45 degrees.
I'll second that.

Plus by doing what John said will rotate your elbow and forearm out away from the string.

In both pics you have dropped your bow arm to get on target do what Art said keep the "T" and bend at the waist for up/down shots
Old 12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Thats funny you guys said that about rotating my hand. I had read about the proper grip on here afew months ago and started to to do it, and it helped immensely with both string slap and accuracy. This pic was takenbefore I had changed it. I do have to work on the t though. It hasnt been aproblem so far but I do want to do everythingas well as possible. Thank you for your observations.I will post a new and improved pic as soon as I get back from skiing some sweet powder in the northeast(vt).
Old 12-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Recurve shooters in long distance shooting will utilize the locked elbow but imo,with a compound it isn't a very good way to hold the bow but like I said,try both and see which way you prefer.

Usually locking the elbow causes tension and fatique so the results are usually less than favorable.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

a little off the subject but i notice the cord from the drop away rest pulling on the cable alot does that affect anything ????

Quick Reply: Another how's my form

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.