Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why oh why?

Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Why oh why?

so i just went shooting a little bit outside, and for some reason my bow has lost a lot of power. it feels the same on the draw but all my arrows are going extremely low from my set pin at 20 yards, and to the left. nothings changed in my form...and i just shot it last night, and it was functioning perfectly. i thought maybe it was hitting against my rain jacket, so i took it off for a few shots..still the same result..extremely low, and to the left. nothing has changed since last night...sight is extremely tightened, it doesnt move up or down at all. the only thing is that its raining a little bit, but that wouldnt affect an arrows flight at 20 yards by 12 inches would it? the strings are well waxed, so the water shouldnt be a factor, and plenty of people bowhunt in the rain.

actually there is only one thing that changed, my peep sight tubing broke at where it squeezes onto the peep sight, so i just retubed it, all things being the same, except for the tubing being shorter by an 1/8 of an inch. everything else, aside from the rain is the same...

its really weirding me out.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why oh why?

Weird. Something changed. Better look it over good. Probably something simple, but the thing might be ready to fly apart on ya.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:47 PM

I'd be looking real close for a hairline crack in a limb - or something equally ominous. Are the cables still attached to your cable glide?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:52 PM

yes cable slide still intact..the bow is new..i shoot it in the cold all the time, but that shouldnt be a problem...it's an 07 bowtech guardian, and i've only had it a week. i cranked it up back to 72# (or whatever all the way tightened is)and it seems to be almost exactly on sight again. it was backed out by 5# until i just cranked it back up today...weird. anyone else? ill check for cracks, but i check it every night before i put it back in its case, so i doubt its that.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:01 PM

hmm strange, i just backed it out again by 5lbs and it was hitting DEAD on like "x" dead on. but while i was backing it out i noticed the cable that meats the slide is a little frayed, so i trimmed it back, and waxed it...could that minor thing be it?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:51 PM

take it to a proshope and hppefully they can help u out.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since that tube broke and that is the only thing you changed then my bet is the peep moved.

This is why we need to have measurements on these types of things,a quick check and you would know.

For the record,rain can slow a bow down dramatically when the string gets wet(not 12" though)but if it is well waxed,it shouldn't have still been shooting low after the first shot,unless it got soaked again.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

nock point slide up the string? Peep move?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 AM

I'm with TFOX on this one; once you get things back where they belong measure where your peep is in relation to the nock point so you know if one or the other moves.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not, yet. Something screwy. A week old? The tube broke after a week? I'd be back to the dealer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.