Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pendulum Sights

Old 12-03-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Pendulum Sights

Hi guys,

I was thinking about buying Pendulum Sights but I don't understand how they work or if they work. Could any one explane that to me??
Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pendulum Sights

I had a Keller on an old bow, don't remember which one as it was several years ago, but it worked great. I remember you locked it and sighted from the ground at 20 yards I think. Then when you go into your tree it would swing and be dead on at any distance out to 30 or 40 yards or something like that. Good sight just remember to unlock it when you get up your tree and you are good to go. Only drawback I found was noise. I think there is some kind of "hush Kit" out for them now. With todays fast flat shooting bows I shoot one pin but I limit myself to 25 yards. If you plan to shoot longer they are a good choice. Look for one that has extra pins so you can use it on the ground as they don't work unless you are at least 15 feet or so in the air.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Nichunter,
I use the Savage pendulum and it works fine out to about 30-35 yds with my Outback. I had a Keller on another bow and it was as reported very noisy. I sight my Savage in on the ground at 20 yds and it is good at the distance I said. But it has no lock down feature but it doesn't matter as long as you are shooting on relatively flat ground. I shoot mine at my backyard target out to 40 yds but must holdover to hit my target spot.

Jim
Old 12-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Keller and have for years. Sprintflyer has it pretty much right, you sight it in from the ground at 20 yards by locking the pendulum in the number 4 notch.. This is for left and right adjustment only though. Once u get it dead center from the ground you have to get in an elevated spot 12 feet or higher. From there u simply unlock the pendulum, aim at a target about 12-15 yards out and shoot. After that you make your adjustments based on where it hit, either high, low, or maybe it was dead on. I think it's an easy and accurate sight to use. It does have a little noise, but compared to the older models it has imrpoved. I took 2 deer this year already with a keller on my bow.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Trophy Ridge Mantis and did not like it. It was great on the ground, but as soon as you started shooting from a tree, it was high for short rangesand low for long ranges.