Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
new release advise >

new release advise

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new release advise

Old 01-22-2003, 04:08 AM

Default new release advise

i looking to get a new release, i've been shooting fingers for about 20 years and i have shot so much that i lost some feeling in one of my fingers, so i am finally going to switch over to a release. does anyone have any suggestions for picking out a release? theres only about a billion different styles. i am maining a hunter, not just a target shooter. thank you
Old 01-23-2003, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new release advise

I only recomend one and that is the Scott Mongoose I have use mine for years with no problems at all. Off and on I have tried others t hat my friends had or one that the archery shop where I shoot wanted me to try but always came right back to my Scott. Try it you will like it. Roy
Old 01-23-2003, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting the same Fletchunter for about 10 years now and it has never failed me. I bought a new one about 4 years ago to have as a back-up and have never used it. I don't see any reason to ever own anything else and would highly recommend the Fletcher release to anyone.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:46 PM

I agree with royak go with the mongoose used mine for 4 years now never had any problems
Old 01-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

I had the Scott Little Goose for about a year now. I really like this one. I hope I don't have to buy another one for awhile.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with the above gentlemen, Scott makes the best.

Old 01-24-2003, 09:47 AM

Buy a Scott, make it a Lil'Goose, and get the one with the LEATHER STRAP AND BUCKLE not the velcro...

Here's why -

Scott stands behind the product VERY WELL.

The Lil goose is small & stays out of the way better than the MONGOOSE

The leather buckle is quieter than velcro and ALWAYS is the same - I.E. I shoot mine in the 5th hole on the buckle - with velcro it's a little loose or a little tight etc - it's less consistant.

NOW - why this one instead of others - well...

1) The trigger sensitivity on this has NO relation to the bow weight - I used to shoot a FLETCH-HUNTER & you couldn't make the trigger super sensitive (light pull to fire) with my 70# bow. If I had mine set up for a 55# bow & went to pull back a 70# bow it wouldn't 'hold' and would go off 1/2 way through the draw cycle. I shoot a super-light trigger using backtension with my middle finger - you can't do this with other releases.

2) I have an estimated 40,000+ shots (no kidding!!!) through this lil-goose and it is working great - not ONE issue!!! (no I don't work for or shoot for scott)

3) 2 years ago WHILE IN THE MIDDLE OF A HUNT while doing my mid-day practice my fletch hunter broke and I bloodied my nose pretty good. The fletch hunter has a rope that goes through the steel head & the rope (inside) broke. Release parts went flying everywhere, I hit the ground & the fellas were laughing their butts off. We found the parts & I used a boot lace to *fix* the release. (I bought my lil'goose when I returned from the woods)

4) At a 3d shoot this year I saw a release just 'quit'. It was a year old and he had less than 4,000 shots through it. He finished the round with my backup lil'goose and bought one the next day. His old release just wouldn't hold the bowstring anymore - don't know what happened but he didn't want to mess with it so he didn't give the mfg'er a chance so...?? could have been a fluke but my goose has been flawless!!!

guess that's a long post - sorry..

Aim small miss small
Old 01-27-2003, 07:44 AM

THANKS ALOT GUYS. I THINK I WILL TRY A LIL GOOSE.