Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Recomend A New Bowstring Please!!! >

Recomend A New Bowstring Please!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Recomend A New Bowstring Please!!!

Old 01-21-2003, 09:00 AM

Default Recomend A New Bowstring Please!!!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a type of a bowstring that is really durable with minimal stretch. I shoot a Single Cam High Country bow with a Dead Stop Hatchet cam that really seems to abuse the serving on my string. I just had my bow restrung last year. In my past experience with my old bow I had to replace the string about every two years. But this one seems to be a little harder on strings. So if anyone could reccomend a good sting I would greatly appreciate it. Price really doesn't matter too much if I can get something that lasts.

Thanks

Edited by - PA Hardwoods on 01/21/2003 10:12:38
Old 01-21-2003, 09:03 AM

Default RE: Recomend A New Bowstring Please!!!

Here ya go....

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...navAction=jump
Old 01-21-2003, 09:05 AM

I just got a Bowtech mighty mite with Winners choice strings and cables which come on the bow. If money is no object, these are the best you can buy. The peep will never move and so far , all servings are perfect. Don

Old 01-21-2003, 09:14 AM

He DoninVA what do those winnerschoice strings go for? I have heard alot of good things about them. Thanks for the advice
Old 01-21-2003, 11:10 AM

You can get a winners choice for about 90.00 strings and cables. You should check you cams for burs, your string should last longer than that. I would remove the string and give the cams a good look you may have a ruff edge cutting your servings.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

PA, you didn't state which serving(s) is getting worn. If it is just the center you can just get it replaced at the local pro-shop. Also, the type of serving material makes a big difference as far as abuse. I use a .062 braided and can expect to have it changed maybe twice before the string actually wears out. I usually replace my string about once a year, but I also usually drag my bow through a lot of brush and briars while hunting.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:54 AM

It is the serving on the cams that gets worn. And by worn I mean the serving seperates mostly. Mainly the one that goes over the dead stop hatchet cam
Old 01-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I used to buy only winnerschoice strings, and they are very good quality, but i just bought some cables and string from M&R Bowstrings,and they are in my opinion just as good, for less money.
My 2 cents.

Brian
Old 01-21-2003, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

PA, I would really suggest going to a custom made string then. Make sure that the string maker is using the best quality serving and tell them of your problem and see what they suggest. If you get a string off the shelf, it has been my experience, that the string is made universally, and you may or may not have the cam and idler servings fit corectly on your bow. Also, many over the shelf strings use mono for the servings.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though a little pricey Winner's Choice strings are well worth the money. They are the only string makers that I'm aware of that have a three year warranty for serving seperation and such.

Quick Reply: Recomend A New Bowstring Please!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.