Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

annoyed w/ form

Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM

Default annoyed w/ form

is it me or does anyone else get annoyed w/" hows my form"
look if ya shoot tight groups and kill deer your form is fine.
maybe some people want their picture on the internet...if so ,,,,,,post a pic of the deer you harvested. whereever you bought yourr bow the salesman should have set you up to proper draw and form comes from that.that being said.....there is no such thing as " PROPER FORM".YOUR STANCE VRS MY STANCE MAY BE DIFFERENT and my achor may be diff from yours but we both shoot the same groups at he same yardages.

otto
Old 10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: annoyed w/ form

well, to be completely honest, no i'm not. This forum is about learning, and if you stop at being "good enough" thats all the better you'll get.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 PM

i agree you can never stop learning .....but when your a comfortable shooter in your stance , form or even habit,,,,,,,,then come here and ask "hows my form" when you already kill deer dont make sence...it's like reinventing the wheel.
if what you do works for you .so be it............if it aint broke dont fix it

otto
Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dont know why anyone would be annoyed with other people asking for help when it comes to form.

Remember we are here to help one another.

So if some one wants help you can either help or just skip the thread.

Besides that some people might not be contempt with just shooting a bow, they actually might want to become a better shot.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 PM

There's only so much you can learn on your own. If I had access to a qualified coach, believe me I'd pay for the lessons and input. But I don't and that's what makes this forum so valuable. It's people willing to put in the time to critique a peer so ultimately s/he can become a better archer. And any responsible bowhunter should strive to better their shooting skills, IMO.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:49 PM

Does any one else get annoyed with threads griping about threads folks are annoyed with?? Here's a thought.....If you don't like it, DON'T READ IT!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bayfire300

maybe some people want their picture on the internet...if so ,,,,,,post a pic of the deer you harvested. whereever you bought yourr bow the salesman should have set you up to proper draw and form comes from that.that being said.....there is no such thing as " PROPER FORM".YOUR STANCE VRS MY STANCE MAY BE DIFFERENT and my achor may be diff from yours but we both shoot the same groups at he same yardages.

otto

The problem is that you are so misinformed that you can't even comment on this subject without showing it.

There is no one proper form for everyone,that is true but there are basics that most everyone will gain from if they do them properly.

If people are asking then they obviously feel they need help.I would say most get some good help and become better shots for it.(if becoming a top level shooter is your goal, then one needs a personal coach)

Draw length is the most important setting on a bow and NO,not all pro shops send you out the door setup properly.Too many times they sell you what they have in your price range,regardless if it fits you or not.[:'(]

MANY can help with that here.Some of the other "proper form" techniques can be addressed as well but it becomes much more difficult to address.

There are coaches for a reason,There are fundamentalsto archery form as well as thereis toother sports,or do you believe we don't need hitting coaches in the mlb or instructors for other sports as well.

Hell,even Tiger Woods has a coach.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 PM
bigcountry

otto
Oh man, I feel you are so wrong. One, this is a techie forum. This isn't, lets shoot well enough to hit a pie plate at 20 yards good enough forum. People on here take archery very seriously or seriously enjoy it. We want to become better.

I take pictures of me shooting all the time, and learn alot from it. Especially traditional shooting. I get very lazy ever once in a while with my release.

And you know all you have to do is not click on them.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

otto
Oh man, I feel you are so wrong. One, this is a techie forum. This isn't, lets shoot well enough to hit a pie plate at 20 yards good enough forum. People on here take archery very seriously or seriously enjoy it. We want to become better.

I take pictures of me shooting all the time, and learn alot from it. Especially traditional shooting. I get very lazy ever once in a while with my release.

And you know all you have to do is not click on them.
ALL very good points big.

Taking video is probably one of the best things any of us can do to HELP OURSELVES become better.You can see what you did on bad shots as well as what you did on good shots.

Doing that with a little knowledge you might gain on here can help a person become a much better archer/hunter.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 PM

ok perhaps i came across a bit abrasive.........what i meant was if a person shoots well and consistantly harvests deer why bother to ask if something is wrong................it's apparent nothing is.........there is NO set standard on bow form, anchor point or release.
if one is comfortable w/ their perticular set up whay ask for a change because we all know there are criticis out there dying to add threr two cent which make an archer(mid season) second guess their application which could i say could in turn wound deer not kill a deer.
thats why i say why ask for advice on form when your shooting well when form may not be the factor .now if your not shooting well other factors may come into play.
now i do agree this forum and others like it are an invaluable tool
dont critisize me for my opinion or inability to help.

now i'll tell you i never bought a bow from a sport shop.....i was taught old school from a friend .i set up all my bows on my own and i never had any problems...........you think the early indians who made there own bows had a shop that said .."your doing it wrong?",,,,,,nooo the didnt.they learned on their own.......to many people have entirely to much to say. look at my post numbers ....minimal to many others. i only post when i have a question or something definitive to say. to leave on a note i say this......if your groups are tight and your consistant.......your FORM is perfect......no two forms are alike

otto

Quick Reply: annoyed w/ form

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.