Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 fred bear instinct problems >

fred bear instinct problems

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fred bear instinct problems

Old 10-15-2007, 03:50 PM

Default fred bear instinct problems

I've only shot my bow about 100 times and it seems the serving on the bottom of my string is wearing pretty excessively. Is this common and if it's a problem, is there a solution? Bought this bow from bass pro and i will NEVER EVER buy another high dollar item from bass pro. The ARCHERY department at the bass pro in PEARL, MISSISSIPPI is full of a bunch of a-holes. I'm pretty positive i'll get banned if i speek freely of those people. The worse one is some smart mouth older guy who's always wearing blue jean shorts. AH it makes me mad. Back to topic, is this common?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Default RE: fred bear instinct problems

I will second that bass por is not the best rigger. I would take it around the corner to Bills or even go to vans and let Jamie hook you up.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM

It's obvious you live near me. Where do yu hunt? I got 200 acres over by the airport. Borders el dorado rd. and old brandon rd.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

i too have the bear instinct and i noticed the same thing. I thought it was because my brother dry fired it, but maybe its jsut how it is.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like the strings are stretching. Could be the cam grooves are not perfectly smooth, or the strings could just be of lower quality.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:04 PM

I hunt in Byram. I am in old byram huntung club.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:05 PM

had this happen on my g2 factory strings are junk after hunting season change them to winners choice or gibblets stringsyou won't have this problem
Old 10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

I think its aproblem with all of their newer bows. Just had the strings changed on my truth bow and the serving on the WC string parted after around 60 shots at my hunting camp. The cam simply creates too much stress at that point. Temporarily for hunting last week I installed emergency serving on the area using some 130lb test hollow core spectra I had on my tuna fishing reel. Seems to be holding up much better than all of the archery specific servingmy shop has used. May actually just reserve with 80 lb Jerry brown hollow core spectra from one of my smaller fishing reels to get a finer serve and leave it be. Not using a serving tool just making overhand knots around one side then the other and backuntil I cover the area. Take care.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem withmy bear truth,on the draw mod right where it starts to roll over if you see the serving start to get a white color to it,the sting is getting pinched in it where it rolls over,take the draw mod off and polish it with a dremel tool and reserve the string with some no.2 inserving and you should'nt have any more problems,even putting a smaller serving on the string I would still polish the draw module especially where it rolls over,I have not had any problems since I have done it...........Ted
Old 07-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Fork Horn

I am having this problem also, the module seems to be slightly out of alignment with the cable string so that its clipping the serving. It looks like a thin shim under the module would work,the draw mod should be a little wider so the string aligns perfectly with the draw mod, wonder what the tolerances are on these draw modules..
not sure about polishing with a dremel....need to try something, hate have to buy a new cable every 100 shots.
Opinions anyone?
BuckSnort tell us more about polishing with the Dremel..

Quick Reply: fred bear instinct problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.