Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 My form after some changes >

My form after some changes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My form after some changes

Old 10-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Spike

Default My form after some changes

First of all thanks to everyone who gave me advice a little while back on my form. I have made a few adjustments but feel that I may still be about 1/2" too short on draw length and I want to get your opinions on my form after the adjustments I have made. I shortened the draw from 29" to 28.5" and took A LOT of lenght out of my release. It has made tons of difference (all positive). Thoughts please?

Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: My form after some changes

Sorry Folks. I meant to say ".. 1/2" too LONG".
Old 10-15-2007, 08:41 AM
bigcountry

Looks good. I think the draw is perfect. But I like to anchor under my jaw bone

Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you are right. Just looking at where the string is touching your nose and slightly beyond the corner of the mouth you could shorten up just a bit more.Looks like the nock is just slightly behind a vertical line up to your eye.

It looks like you still have too much hand in the bow as the palm appears to be pushing against the bottom of the bow's grip. You need to turn the hand out a little more. The fingers look fairly relaxed, which is good.

Drawing arm looks fairly level with the path of the arrow.

All in all, not too bad. A heap better than when you started. If I were you I might consider shooting like this for a while and then shorten up the draw that little bit. Going down as far as you have probably feels like you're crunched up. It's a lot for the body to adjust to all at once.

Much, much improved.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

For a minute I thought you where my brother law, you look just like him except he does not shoot a Mathews. Thought he finally came around. Oh well.

Now to the form: Looks good. Things to look at, grip- to much palm, elbow (bow hand ) looks like it’s facing down( if so then you need to rotate it out more), draw looks like it might still be a little long(if so shortening would help elbow). Release lengthlooks perfect. Over all it looks good and you should be able to shoot good with it the way it is, if you do want to change.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

For a minute I thought you where my brother law, you look just like him except he does not shoot a Mathews. Thought he finally came around. Oh well.

Now to the form: Looks good. Things to look at, grip- to much palm, elbow (bow hand ) looks like it’s facing down( if so then you need to rotate it out more), draw looks like it might still be a little long(if so shortening would help elbow). Release lengthlooks perfect. Over all it looks good and you should be able to shoot good with it the way it is, if you do want to change.

I prefer to tell people to turn the wrist and forearminstead of the elbow.The elbow can be moved into an improper position while not fixing the grip.

I would suggest just turning the wrist and forearm to a 45 deg angle OR SO and not moving the elbow any more than neccessary.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me you look pretty good , draw length looks farely good