Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 any critics on my form >

any critics on my form

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

any critics on my form

Old 10-12-2007, 03:41 AM

Default RE: any critics on my form

*crickets*
Old 10-12-2007, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Draw length way too long for starters and BigJ your cap is lobsided ... kidding big fella
Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well the first guys draw length is waaaaaay tooooooooo looooooooong, i bet that hurths when he releases his arrow, and as for bailsuk, youres looks pretty good, except I see something wrong.......Mathews
Old 10-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mustang you are way too long on draw , I dont care what shirt you are wearing

Look at big John , the apex of his string is centered below his eye , if you draw a line down from there it would go straight down his spine and between his feet , his bow shoulder is low in the socket ,

That is how you want to look , and Im not saying that just cause the guy can crush me with one hand
Old 10-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Well the first guys draw length is waaaaaay tooooooooo looooooooong, i bet that hurths when he releases his arrow, and as for bailsuk, youres looks pretty good, except I see something wrong.......Mathews
Hey...thats BigJ not bailsuk......and what's wrong with Mathews!!

Edit: I edited out my pictures because I didn't want to highjack mus stangs thread.

mus stang, your draw length is too long, you just look over extended. That's what I noticed right off the bat and I'm no expert. I also noticed that your anchor point looks to be too far back and too low. This again would be from having too long a draw length.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:34 AM

my left arm is not streched out at all i hold every thing level ...i dont cock my arm up or down....if you have ever lift weights or play sports.....you dont swing a bat with a V in you arm...thats why my arm looks stretched because my elbow is not dipped down or up its --- also you dont want to anchor your string high on you face because you are putting an incline on your bow and arrow.....it is a 1/4 to big of draw but i cant believe you guys on how you scale pics...how cow!!!!!! also the sting < is in the middle where my spine would be located and is even with my right eyeball....wow some of you need diff glasses and computers.....also when pulling a bow and holding having your arm in a big < is going to put strein on muscles and be alot less accuratedue to not able to locking that arm and muscles more effecient....i also have to ask if any one ever wore a bigger shirt and looked at it of the material lays when you hold your arms out, the material in your arm pit hangs down..duh....i guess i did ask for it by putting a pic up....i bet the strips on my shirt are crooked too!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Site Bouncer

Wow mus stang!!!

You did ASK about your form didn't you? Seems like you won't take any criticism at all.

I'm no expert but I've been shooting a bow since the early 70's so I think I can have some imput. It sure looks like your draw length is too long. Here is my pic again look at the postion of my drawing elbow compared to yours. See how yours is low? Also look at where your knuckles are, my middle knuckle is right in line with my ear, ALL of yoursare behind it.

I'm sorry but you do appear to be leaning back, maybe take another picture with a tighter fitting shirt on. It just looks like you are way overdrawn.

You

Me

Can you see the difference in body position?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:59 AM

heres a couple more
Old 10-12-2007, 12:01 PM

Old 10-12-2007, 12:01 PM

Quick Reply: any critics on my form

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.