Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech >

Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

Before I start, I love my Bowtech bow (2006 Allegiance). Been shooting at least 40 times / week throughout the pre-season and recently the limbs starting cracking. So for safety I returned the limbs through a dealer.

When I got the bow back from the dealer, Ibare shaft tested the bow and found the arrows were hitting 6 inches to the left with a HARDfishtail to the right(field point to the left / nock to the right). From what I understand this tells me the arrows are over spined (Easton superslim 300's with 100 grain point). I also measured the limb pockets to the string, and they were the same.

I had to re-align and re-setthe rest with a laser and stillhave the same result with the bare shaft test. I found the weight pulled back is only 62 pounds when the bow is cranked (70pound bow). Does anyone know what gives?

If the limbs have been replaced, should I need to re-adjust the bow this much? Why can't I get the bow back up to 70 pounds? . My broadheads group out to 50yards, but I can see the fletchings catch the arrow through my site window and REALLY bothers me.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

Have a dealer go over the bow--it's their job.Maybe you got 60# limbs by accident?They should have checked what the bow was at after they worked on it!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:24 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: jpov22

Before I start, I love my Bowtech bow (2006 Allegiance). Been shooting at least 40 times / week throughout the pre-season and recently the limbs starting cracking. So for safety I returned the limbs through a dealer.

When I got the bow back from the dealer, Ibare shaft tested the bow and found the arrows were hitting 6 inches to the left with a HARDfishtail to the right(field point to the left / nock to the right). From what I understand this tells me the arrows are over spined (Easton superslim 300's with 100 grain point). I also measured the limb pockets to the string, and they were the same.

I had to re-align and re-setthe rest with a laser and stillhave the same result with the bare shaft test. I found the weight pulled back is only 62 pounds when the bow is cranked (70pound bow). Does anyone know what gives?

If the limbs have been replaced, should I need to re-adjust the bow this much? Why can't I get the bow back up to 70 pounds? . My broadheads group out to 50yards, but I can see the fletchings catch the arrow through my site window and REALLY bothers me.

Thanks for any help.
If your only getting 62lbs, the dealer may have untwisted your cables. Check yoru BH and ATA to see if they are in spec. If not, twist the cables to get your weight back

Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've received the wrong limbs before. I have some new ones I need to install, I won't know until I put them on. Good luck, BTW, what is wrong with 60# limbs? Sounds like that is what has happen, they will replace them again, but you may want to wait until season is over.

Most of the time your limbs are not in stock, and when they get made is when the mess up occurs.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:10 PM

Sounds like the wrong limbs to me. Do your cables have about one complete twist per inch or do they look like there is nearly no twist in them?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:21 AM

Thanks for all the responses. They are GREATLY appreciated. Those were my guesses, but again only guesses. I really hope the dealer didn't install 60 pound limbs. He had stated there were three sets of limbs returned to him, for a need of two sets. (not sure why the third set came back to him).

When I got the bow back, the peep did not come back to the orignal setting I had it when I was at full draw.So that almost confirms the string may have become untwisted (but to loose 6-8 ponuds of draw weight?).I will have a look at that again. I am going to pick up a new string tonight, so I hope that alleviates some of the problem.

There's nothing wrong with 60 pounddraw weightbut my arrows are set-up for a higher draw poundage, using 300 Easton Superslims they have a stonger spine, so I'm hoping to get the match with the 70 ponud draw. If not, I'd rather go to a higher point weight (125 grains) to get the arrows to fly true rather then new arrows.

Thanks again for the responses.

Joe
Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with the others. That big of a drop in weight signals something significant...be it different weight limbs or a cable/string issue. The shop/Bowtech should be able to confirm what weight the limbs are fairly simply.

Please keep us updated as to what happens.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can loose 10 pounds of draw weight in only a few twists on the cables. A lot less than what you'd think.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 AM

My Old Glory went up about 3 pounds per 10 twists of the cables. I think you'd notice if there were +/- 30 extra twists.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

My Old Glory went up about 3 pounds per 10 twists of the cables. I think you'd notice if there were +/- 30 extra twists.
I agree, I just replaced my cables on a older PSE and max'd out it was 66lbs. I put in 15 twist to get it to 70lbs.

Quick Reply: Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.