Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 mathews drenalin >

mathews drenalin

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mathews drenalin

Old 09-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Spike

Default mathews drenalin

duying my first bow and going right to the top. I just need to know what are the best components on it.Going price around here is 800.00 with a lifetime warrenty for just the bow no case or hat or anything. thanks for the help.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:37 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: mathews drenalin

In my opinion, a person's first bow should be more forgiving. The drenalin is a high performance bow, short ATA. I see some people struggle with a bow like this with a high reflex and short ATA, and low Brace. While others that have got thier form down, can shoot awesome with a bow like this. I remember some buddies who's first bows was baby G's, and they never could shoot them worth a darn.

I have been at it since 1982, and have a bowtech liberty, and have decided to step back to a more forgiving bow. I recently picked up a bowtech commander which is longer and little more brace hieght. Expensive does not mean easier to shoot alot of the times. A bowtech constitution would make a very forgiving bow for a beginner. A mathews conquest or FX2 all would be good first bows. All quality bows. This bowtech commander I just got seems extremely smooth, easy to shoot, and quiet.

Saying all that, I got to shoot a good friend of mine's drenalin and it was very nice. I don't like the small limbs, and would rather have the switchback.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

I am going to have to in-part agree with BigCountry Here...Would I shoot a Drenalin yes, is it a sweet bow...yes...do the new limbs bother me...not a bit. If fact we just got one for my Girl...$819. What would concern me is at 3.85lbs (which is very light) combined with your inexperience, your tendancy to torque to bow may be very frustrating for you. This is my girls second bow plus with her low body weight this bow is not as lightweight for her as it would be for a man so a thought this was an excellent high end bow for her. If your set on Mathews i'd check out a switchback. By me you can get a top end hoyt vextrix for $140 less than the mathews...which i thought was significant.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Spike

thanks for the advice guys.but if were to get this bow what would u put on it? the shop said they would put the best of the best on it for 1300.00 out the door. I just want to make sure I would in fact be getting the best stuff for this bow thanks

Old 09-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Spike

also I asked about the switchback and he didn't have any and said I should got with the drenalin for only 49.00 dollars more
Old 09-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Drenalin is a fine bow. As sweet a shooter as there is out there. If you have torque issues from improper grip, or accuracy issues from improper form, you'll shoot like crap no matter whatbow you choose.This is the easiest bow I've ever pulled back and held from a tree stand. Absolutely great hunting bow. My first Mathews, and I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Spike

so what would u use for sights and so on?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:22 PM

just my take, but, maybe you should consider something a bit more forgiving for your first performance rig.... there's some really nice bows out there that are extremely forgiving and still have plenty of speed for hunting... Diamond black ice and liberty, Ross cardiac and 331/334/337, reflex ridgelines, martin bengal, bear truth and instinct... no question the mathews is a top notch rig, i shot it a bit while searching myself, but 8-10 shots weren't enough for me to feel comfortable with it... personally i'd rather get a slightly less expensive bow and drop my money on the accessories like the rest, site, and high quality arrows... i think that will make a bigger difference on your shooting that which bare bow you'll be firing... personally i went with a ross as my first high performance bow... I've been shooting for a long time but have been away for a long time as well... in terms of modern equipment, i'm just as new as you are...
Old 09-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Host of Hosts

thanks for the advice guys.but if were to get this bow what would u put on it? the shop said they would put the best of the best on it for 1300.00 out the door. I just want to make sure I would in fact be getting the best stuff for this bow thanks
That's not an easy question to answer. Just like your sold on the Drenalin already because of what a dealer told you, remember that is his living. He's gonna tell something is better than another thing just for the sale. Just the way it is. I could tell you that I think HHA Optimizer is the "best" sight, but someone else will say another is better. I can tell you Schaffer rests are the "best". The dealer or another guy will say something else is better. The most important thing for you is to be sure the bow fits you, you are comfortable with it and you like the options on it. Don't buy something just because someone else said it's the best. Go out, shop around and pick what you like best. Don't put all your trust in the dealer to give you what's best. Most likely, he'll just give you what's more expensive and call it the best.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are alot of good bows out there,but make sure you feel compfertable with whatever you buy...

I just upgraded to a Drenalin from a XT.
Got the bow for 749.00
Extream 4 pin sight-----59.00
WB rest-----Free with bow.....Love the WB rest,haved used it from almost day one...
T-5 Quiver----119.00
Stabalizer-----39.00...Came with wrist strap...
Had arrows and release....
BUT Beman ICS 340 Hunter arrows run about 79.00 a dozen

So it ran me about 950.00 for new Drenalin........with FREE Hat,now I have 3 free hats,well kinda free
with a release and arrows you should be able to get into one for around 1150 with a case.....But I dont know the market around you and if your bow dealer will work with you...

Quick Reply: mathews drenalin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.