Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 flechting contact on commander >

flechting contact on commander

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

flechting contact on commander

Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default flechting contact on commander

Iwas having a problem with my flechting contacting my cables,I use a wb rest and what I did was to turn the nock ever so slightly so that the flechting cleared the cables but at the same time I made sure that the flechting on the arrow would not come in contact with the stiff black bristles on the rest .All 3 vanes are still going through the brown bristles on the wb.My quistion is should I do something different or did this fix the problem.arrow flight looks great and groups are tight.just wanted some advice from some of my fellow commander or gardian blood brothers.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: flechting contact on commander

I dont have a bowtech anymore but Im pretty sure they still use the same cable slide. If you get a sims teflon slide or the new alpine archery mach x slide I believe it is it will give you just a bit more clearance and keep you from have to turn your nocks. Seems like you have the problem fixed, but if you were shooting a rest that had to have the cock vane straight up I deffinetly would recommend a different slide.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks I'll look into it.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Spike

Yep, I had to replace my slides on both the Guardian and Commander because of contact with the Blazers I use. Now I can shoot them with the cock fletch up, like I like to, and I've got plenty of clearance. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

please excuse my ignornace... FNG here

i aswell am using a WB rest on a reflex buckskin bow.. after shooting it the first time a couple of weeks ago i had noticed that my fletchings were coming in contact with the cables.. so .. without knowing any better i justturned the nock a little so that iclear the cables.. after reading this thread,made me think if my fletchings are passing through the center/lower "black" bristles and infact one of them is..

assuming im having the same problem as the fella above is.. i washopeingsomeone could go into more detail about the slide and what do toto remedy this.

thanks!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you cleared up the fletching contact issue and you aren't shooting through the black vanes on the WB then you did effectively remedy your problem. My Commander does not exhibit this issue however the recommended change of the cable slide should also be an appropriate fix for your problem. Just make sure to retune your bow afterwards as the increased side torque put on the cables may change the tune of your bow.

Good luck.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

With either of the slides I mentioned above, it isnt much added clearance. Just enough to clear blazers, so there shouldnt be much added side torque. Deffinetly a good suggestion from PABowhntr if you do have issues afterwards.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

ok another dumb question... but one that i feel compelled to ask

can i take the cables off the slide.. rotate the slide and put the cables on the other side of the post? away from the arrow? this will give me all the clearence ill need..but in turn ill put moving the cables to the right of the post and tis a good inch off .. assuming this will tweek everything to points where itll screw up the bow?
Old 09-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

THANKS pabowhntr i figured that would work as long as i kept the vanes all in the brown britles.I still may replace my cable slide though.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shott8283

ok another dumb question... but one that i feel compelled to ask

can i take the cables off the slide.. rotate the slide and put the cables on the other side of the post? away from the arrow? this will give me all the clearence ill need..but in turn ill put moving the cables to the right of the post and tis a good inch off .. assuming this will tweek everything to points where itll screw up the bow?
NO you cannot put the cables on the other side of the rod. That would really screw things up. Just take your old slide off and get one that pulls the cables a little farther from the arrow.

I switched mine to the Saunders, Hiper Slide, I believe it was. No more clearence problems.

Quick Reply: flechting contact on commander

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.