Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
New Bow is shooting more and more left every time I go to shoot >

New Bow is shooting more and more left every time I go to shoot

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Bow is shooting more and more left every time I go to shoot

Old 11-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Spike

Default New Bow is shooting more and more left every time I go to shoot

**edit** I know I messed the title up. "New bow" and "go to shoot".

First time on here, long time bow hunter. Been shooting since I was 12 years old, started with a pro-line for all you old folks.

Anyways, I bought a Diamond outlaw a week ago. I got it sighted in the first day and everything is fine. Take it out the next time and and it shoots fine the first 10 arrows and starts shooting off center to the left. I get it back on center and go back out a few days later and the same thing. Over the past week I've moved the front sight almost 3/4" to the left. It's almost all the way to the end of adjustment now. I've never had this happen before. I looked over the bow and can't see any issues.

At first I thougth it was me, but that's seems like a lot to move after getting settled in to the bow.

When you line up the arrow with the rest, string and limbs you can see the sights way left.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edit Note--Your title is fixed per your editing note at the top of this post. Just FYI, you can do the same fixes to your titles by clicking on the edit button and then clicking "go advanced."
CalHunter

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-21-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Man that's a tough one. I could be a number of things. A new bow could mean your grip is torqueing it - try altering your grip slightly. Strings/cables may have stretched. Your rest may have moved (or is moving on you). Be sure it is tightened up. You may have excessive cam lean. You may be getting fletching contact somewhere too. Do you have correctly spined arrows?
My advice is to take it to the shop and have them go over it and check your strings, cables, cams and center shot setting of your rest.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

could be your arrow rest is loose or possibly out of time...are the fletchings looking ok? What kind of arrow rest do you have?

Last edited by Wilcam47; 11-21-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Spike

It ended up being the rest. I had the one that came with the bow, it was one that has the three whisker arms that captures the arrow, not good. I went with a QAD Ultra-Rest HD Pro Series. It's the first drop rest I've ever used and man do I like it. I paper tuned it and then tested the windage out to about 40 yards and it was in line.

Shoots like a champ now.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

What was the rest doing that caused the change in your point of impact? I've been using that style for years without a problem.