Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 WB or Poor Glue Job ... >

WB or Poor Glue Job ...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WB or Poor Glue Job ...

Old 09-01-2007, 07:13 PM

Default WB or Poor Glue Job ...

on my blazer vanes...Just put a WB on today...level centershot...nock point is right on and arrows shoot great....shot 60 arrows (st epic 300) w/ new Blazer vanes (3) using a release and string loop....lost 6 blazer vanes...??????

Looking for some advice... poor glue job or WB?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WB or Poor Glue Job ...

I've found that if I dont clean the arrow shafts with alcohol, and then rough them up a little, I dont get very good adhesion with my blazers.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:17 PM

Did you put or was there glue on the leading and trailing edge of the vane? If not put some there it will prolong the life of your vanes.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:18 PM

With Blazers on a clean shaft, too much glue will cause failure also. One small bead down the center of the vane is all you need. Too much will cause them to fall off also.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

also forgot to mention, make sure that the entire base of the vane is contacting the shaft. I had to readjust my clamp to get full contact with the smaller blazers, vs a 4" vane.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:23 PM

I ordered the Epics from Keystone and they installed the blazers... I did not add glue to the front or rear of the vanes before I shot them... Its sounding like a glue job more than the new WB...Correct?? I like the simplicity of the WB and shoots nice..just frustrated a bit with the fletchings coming off...
Old 09-01-2007, 07:31 PM

Defintely put some glue on the leading edge at least!!! The WB is hard on vanes so I have heard. The blazers are tough and with the right glue and glue job they will stay on forever.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting Blazers through a WB and haven't had that first vane come off. I lightly sand the shafts and clean them with alcohol and also clean the glue channel on the vane too with alcohol. I have been using Fletch Tite Platinum. My WB doesn't even put a wrinkle in my Blazers.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 AM

With blazers you are not supposed to clean the bases og the vane. they come from the factory with a special layer that protects from particles, so you get a better bond.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's both, the WB and the glue process. j/k

Great advice from the guys above on prep and glue'n Blazers. I use this process these guys mention and never have them come off my ACC's. Even when I shoot through my Morrell bag and have to back the arrow out.

Quick Reply: WB or Poor Glue Job ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.