Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Gettin a new rest... >

Gettin a new rest...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gettin a new rest...

Old 08-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Gettin a new rest...

due to malfuction, my old quick tune micro has been removed. I am selecting a new rest tomorrow and would like some input. I have heard a lot of the WB (good and not so good), but what do you think of the quick tune 360 or a drop away? Looking for some guidence.

I shoot an 04 Bear TRX 29" draw @ 67lb
31" st epic 300 with blaser vanes
I shoot a release and 80% from a 15' stand

Any info would definately be appreciated
Old 08-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Default RE: Gettin a new rest...

Wake up and smell the gutpiles!

And get a whisker biscuit!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Fork Horn

usually the only people saying something bad about WB are people who dont use one or people who dont set it up right (its not hard)ive used a WB for at least 6years never had a problem, no dropped arrows, no hang ups, no broken strings, nothing to get in the way of making my shots on deer.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:34 AM

i use a trophy ridge drop away, its a great rest. i have recently tried the trophy taker pronghorn dropaway but i don't like it, i will be goinig back to the trophy ridge. i have a friend that uses a whisker biscuit and loves it.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something is really going to have to happen for me to change my mind about my WB. I have shot one ever since they came out on the market and it is the best all around huntingrest I have ever used.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:44 AM

SJ... I went with a WB and am so far pleased wit hits simplicity and easy set up..However..after shooting through it last night I have notced some markings on the Blaser fletchings...what would cause this..Cock feather up, strong marking on the right and a soft marking on the left...any ideas??? I will post a pic in a min...
Old 09-02-2007, 06:48 AM

this is not my pic..it belongs to m00sedrool who has the same markings as i..any ideas...

Old 09-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

If your thinking about the WB.... Look at the Hostage too and you deceide. Less contact with arrow, no contact with you vanes.
I don't use either, but I have owned a WB and wouldn't recommend it to any one.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Spike

I currently have a WB and like it but i dont love it. The rest i have been currently eyeing up is the QAD Ultra Rest. If i buy a new bow im definately going with a drop away but the WB will allways be on my back up bow.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:27 AM

You won't be dissapointed in the performance aspect of the QAD for sure. It functions awesome, but if your bow is a Hoyt I would ask to put the rest on first before you buy it. Mine does not adjust very much because it hits the TEC riser. TheWB is a great hunting rest. You won't go wrong with it.

Quick Reply: Gettin a new rest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.