Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fletching Jigs for quik spin >

Fletching Jigs for quik spin

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching Jigs for quik spin

Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Fletching Jigs for quik spin

I'm in the process of setting up my own arrows. I'm using the quik spin vanes. What jig do you reccommend and at what offset.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching Jigs for quik spin

I would use the bitzenburger at as much offset as the vane would allow.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:34 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: whitetails101

I'm in the process of setting up my own arrows. I'm using the quik spin vanes. What jig do you reccommend and at what offset.
Any of them will work. You want as little offset as possible for quik spins. You sure don't want a helical. Straight will work great for em.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would agree with bruce...I would use the bitzenburger for a fletcher. it is a little pricey, but well worth the extra money! As far as how much offset / helical, that is something that you will have to expierement with. The more spin you can get on your arrow the more stable it will be, but too much of a good thing can sometimes be bad. I would start out with quite a bit and go from there.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:54 AM
bigcountry

Guys, have either of you ever used quik spins? Too much is a bad thing for quik spins I have found. I put helical on them and they corkscrewed a little.

Kinda surprised your suggesting he fletch otherwise

http://www.newarchery.com/documents/190606050406.pdf

Old 08-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Guys, have either of you ever used quik spins? Too much is a bad thing for quik spins I have found. I put helical on them and they corkscrewed a little.

Yes, I have used quickspins. I put as much offset on them as I did the blazers. The arrows flew the same. How much offset do you really think you can get with a 2" vane, assuming he is using the 2" quickspins? Did you try them with an offset? Did you try them with as much offset as you could get? If you tried them with an offset and not a helical, how did they fly? I did not suggest putting a helical on them maybe that is where you are confused.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:16 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Yes, I have used quickspins. I put as much offset on them as I did the blazers. The arrows flew the same. How much offset do you really think you can get with a 2" vane, assuming he is using the 2" quickspins? Did you try them with an offset? Did you try them with as much offset as you could get? If you tried them with an offset and not a helical, how did they fly? I did not suggest putting a helical on them maybe that is where you are confused.
I shoot them now with very little offset. I shoot 4" since I use this for hunting. I asked you tried them when Isat besideyou and you said you only shot feathers and blazers and just started fletching your own a few months ago. So I assumed you didn't.So sorry for the mixup.

I figure the folks at NAP knew better than me. And I saw helical not shoot well. So figured then I would read the instructions I posted. Works for me.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:26 AM

I used a Jo-Jan and put a full helical on 4" QS's with no problems at all. If they're corkscrewing it's not because of the fletching, it's because of the tuning of the bow. The helical has more clearance issues and they were probably hitting something.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:30 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

I used a Jo-Jan and put a full helical on 4" QS's with no problems at all. If they're corkscrewing it's not because of the fletching, it's because of the tuning of the bow. The helical has more clearance issues and they were probably hitting something.
Not according to the people that actually manufactures them. Hey, I think i will go with them. No offense.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 AM

Not according to the people that actually manufactures them. Hey, I think i will go with them. No offense.
None taken but remember that according to White Star Lines the Titanic was unsinkable... doesn't mean it was.

I'm not saying that full helical on a QS is best, I'm just saying it's what I have experience with and it works fine.

Quick Reply: Fletching Jigs for quik spin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.