Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow rests

Old 08-21-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Arrow rests

Looking for some comments on a Whisker Biscuit. I have a 80 pound Bowtech Gaurdian and use Gold Tip Big Game 100' with broadheads. Do allot of hunting in South Africa and would say that 50% is walk and stalk and the rest is sitting in pitblinds. Any advise on a better arrow rest for this type of hunting?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Arrow rests

Sounds like you already have it figured out.
Doubt you could find a better arrow rest than the Biscuitfor the type hunting you described.

Sag.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

WB can't even compare with it... It's made by bowtech. You won't have any vane contact. You will be able to shoot different arrow dia. Does not make noise like the WB. For a containment arrow rest, this is what you want.. I have owned a WB, hands down go with the hostage, you won't be sorry.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never was really too impressed with the WB. A lot of people here like it and swear by them, but I had way to many problems with fletchings. I was having to refletch too much, and fletchings were deforming way too quickly, so I decided to go with a drop away. However, based on the type of hunting you are doint, I would say you would need some sort of full containment arrow rest. The one that Rev recommended seems like it would do a good job and there wouldn't be near as much fletching contact with that on when compared to the WB.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is no fletching contact on the hostage.. That's the thing I didn't like about the WB. When I went to blazers, it made a loud noise. I guess the stiffness of the blazers were too hard on the whiskers.
Quick tune make a good one too, it's the 360 same thing, no contact with your fletching. This is great for hunters that spot and stalk or hunt in lots of wind.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

The Hostage does look likethe better rest, Rev.
Have to agree with you on that one.

Sag.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

WB can't even compare with it... It's made by bowtech. You won't have any vane contact. You will be able to shoot different arrow dia. Does not make noise like the WB. For a containment arrow rest, this is what you want.. I have owned a WB, hands down go with the hostage, you won't be sorry.
I will agree 100%. I set my Guardian up with one and LOVE it! It says on the website not to use it with Axis arrows, but the shop owner and I paper tuned it with FMJ's and had zero problems. I went home, walk back tuned, and now I am shooting out to 80 yds. with it just fine. For what you are looking for I can't think of a better rest.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: janoakley

Looking for some comments on a Whisker Biscuit. I have a 80 pound Bowtech Gaurdian and use Gold Tip Big Game 100' with broadheads. Do allot of hunting in South Africa and would say that 50% is walk and stalk and the rest is sitting in pitblinds. Any advise on a better arrow rest for this type of hunting?
j,

You have the best hunting arrowrest made on your bow.

The whisker biscuit is the most reliable rest in the field.

Properly set up its quiet to draw and silent at the shot.

And if the arrow gets bumped while on the stalk it recenters it for you.

Sitting in the blind or in a tree with the bow on your lap the arrow stays on the rest and same as in a stalk, if it gets bumped it recenters itself.

And its deadly accurate too.

The whisker biscuit is the most imitated rest in the world, and its still the best hunting rest.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 08-21-2007, 11:47 AM

Although I use the WB and have had good luck with it, I would like to try one of the new Hostage rests. My only real issue with WB is that I need to change biscuits to shoot various diameter arrows. I have a small biscuit for the Axis and A/C Super Slims, a medium for the Excel and Maximas, and a large for the CE Terminators. Each of the biscuits mounts just a little different in the housing - close, but requires a small amount of tweaking to get things dailed in. I have never had any issues with noise or fletching damage, however, using the 2" Blazers.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:25 PM

If you are an accuracy freak like me and you want it pinpoint not just hunting accurate then go with a full containment dropaway. As far as I know there are only two produced. The QAD and the Ripcord. I use the QAD and it shoots amazing but do to adjustability problems of it hitting the TEC riser on my hoyt I am forced to look at other options. I may try on a Ripcord and see how much I can adjust it. With either of these drop aways you can cock it up so that your arrow is always contained no matter what. Ifthe arrowgets bumped it will settle back into the center of the rest. Plus you have the accuracy of a drop away. Im not saying the others are not accurate but from what I have found they are most accurate for me.

Quick Reply: Arrow rests

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.