Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

redhead arrows?

Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 PM

Default redhead arrows?

at my local basspro they are having a sale on their redhead arrows i need new arrows. i was looking at the carbon fury arrows. they come with duravanes and blazervanes. they have a straitness of .005. i dont know alot about spine but i shoot a 29" draw with 55# of draw but i was thinking of going to 60 in the future. i also shoot 100 grain tips. i need a arrow good for hunting and target shooting. if any mor info is needed ask.
the page is
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_96274_400014006_400000000_400014000_400-14-6
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: redhead arrows?

I shot the carbon fury's with the 4" vains last year and this year i am shooting the carbon fury's with the blazers. I do prefer the blazers they tend to hold up better and fly better at longer distances with broadheads. I think that carbon fury's are a great hunting arrow. I have owned expensive arrows in the past and cannot justify paying the extra money for them ever again. I say go with the carbon fury's.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

All of the Redhead arrows are made by name brand manufacturer's. mostly Carbon Express and some lately by Easton. The only diffrence is the name stamped on them.

If you read who the manufacturer is and it says "Eastmon" it's made by CX.

Obviously, the Easton made ones will say Easton.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:01 PM

About a month ago I purchased a dozen carbon fury's with the blazer vanes from our local Bass pro. As soon as I got home I started having problems instantly. Maybe it was due to the fact that I was using a whisker biscut at the time but fletchings were flying off all over my yard as soon as I started shooting them. A problem I hant had with other arrows. I took them back and they refletched them and two days later when I shot them I had the same problem. I wrote Bass pro and complained. I got a call from the corporate office and they apologized and sent me two dozen of there better grade arrows a week later. I thought that was a nice gesture but when I got them I took them back to Bass pro and traded them for two dozen St Axis's with a little boot of course. Maybe it was just because of my whisker biscuit or maybe I just got a bad batch but I didnt take anymore chances.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they refletched them and you still had problems then it wasn't the arrows. Unless they didn't put a drop on the front of each blazer.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:16 PM

I just bought some Red Head Carbon Fury 6075's this weekend and so far they are shooting better than the more expensive arrows I am replacing with them. The best advice I can give is to buy them and try them. I have not been disappointed.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a dzn for plinking and grouse. Very tough arrows.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 PM

I did forget to mention that the archery tech at BP had told me I wasnt the only one having this problem. He even said he had this problem himself. As far as them refletching them......well lest just say I'm not too impressed with the work at our local BP. Many complaints in our area about there work. It's a pretty new store and I'm hoping they get better as time goes by. I've taken all my buisness to a pro shop in Waynsville NC thats hard to beat. Just bought my new guardian there and I'm very happy with them. I'm going to take a back tension class there in January which Larry Wise is teaching. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should just buy a jig and start doing your own arrows. I had some done at a well respected national known place and the Blazers started coming off on my drop away. Same problem happened to my friend who had some done the same day. the place uses a machine and you could tell they really skimped on the glue. The only part that was still in contact was where they put the drop.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:32 AM

I've alreay been thinking about it. I just didnt want to sink alot of money into it this year. The bow and accesories was a nice chunk on it's own. With opening day being les than a month away here, I figured I would put that off until the off season.

Quick Reply: redhead arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.