Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Finger shooters need a heavier spinned arrow? >

Finger shooters need a heavier spinned arrow?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finger shooters need a heavier spinned arrow?

Old 08-17-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Finger shooters need a heavier spinned arrow?

Heres the story I had a dozen arrows given to me by a friend. These arrows are uncut and came with a sheet of paper showing the spine ect. I've never built arrows from scratch before so I decided I better read the directions as much as I hated to
Anyways too the point it said to add 9 pounds if you shoot with fingers to get your correct spine. I'm really wanting to use these arrows, but I'm not sure if I will be able to if this is right. Also does anyone know where I can find a spine chart for an arrow called The Boss made by Browning?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Finger shooters need a heavier spinned arrow?

I don't know where they come up with this stuff, to tell the truth. Everyone that shoots fingers has a different release, some rougher and some smoother. To say every fingers shooter has to add exactly 9 pounds to his draw weight to get the right spine is, in my opinion, absolutely ridiculous.

The only real way of knowing what spine you need is to try the arrows.

The only info I could find on The Boss arrows was that a 32" shaft is good from 55-70 lbs, and that was just general BS advertising copy. I have grave doubts it was accurate. Same exact wording on two different general outdoors products sites that specialize in clearance items.

With that 55-70 lb spread, kinda sounds like they might be made by GoldTip (?) so I'd look at 5570's on GoldTip's chart to get a better idea of what they can handle.

General rule of thumb though, for every inch you shorten the arrow, you've stiffened it by 5 pounds in spine.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

would need to know your setup that you intend to use these arrows at. Draw weight, shaft length , draw length, point weight. Without these specs no one can say if they will work for you. The 9 pounds extra for fingers sounds a little high to me. For finger shooters I usually add 5 pounds added on to their draw weight to come up with the correct spine weight they will need.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:34 PM

Thanks for your help guys that 9 pounds seemed like a lot to me also. Archer 2 I think they should work for me I found a chart for them a while ago, but if I had to up everything by 9 pounds it would have been hard to get them to work.
If you want to go ahead and check them for me though I wouldn't mind having someone a little more experienced help me
Drawlength- 29.5
Shaft- hopping for something close to 30
Broadhead- 100 grain
Draw weight- 64 lbs I dont hate to move this up or down a few pounds in order to get them to group.