Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Is it a form problem >

Is it a form problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is it a form problem

Old 08-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Is it a form problem

I retuned my bow after I switched slided and was talking to my brother about it. He wanted me to help him tune my old bow that I had given to him.

We paper tuned it. The arrows he was using must have been too weak as we couldn't get rid of a bad nock right tear. I let him use my arrows which were stiffer. We then got a small nock left tear. We got it close, but everytime he shot, he would get a left tear. Some were bad and some were pretty close to bullet holes. I then shot it a couple times. I got perfect bullets. My brother shot it again and still got different amounts of left tear. Is he torking the bow or what is going on here. I can't see any problem with his form or grip, but he is a new shooter. Maybe he just needs to shoot more and get a consistant grip. I think that center shot should be the same for every person shooting that bow, but I may be wrong.

The bow is 30 inchdl, 70 lbs, shooting CX 350 maxima (29 inch arrow plus 100 grain point) with blazers threw a whisker bisket. The draw length maybe a bit short for him at he is around 6' 5".

P.S. Be nice in your responces. Little brother is tipping the scales at 280lbs and has arms the size of my head. Would hate to have him come hunt you down. We already have enough guys on this board out of action for bow season because of injury.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is it a form problem

P.S. Be nice in your responces. Little brother is tipping the scales at 280lbs and has arms the size of my head. Would hate to have him come hunt you down.
Nope not gonna be nice and I dont think he wants to come to TX to get his butt whooped by The Rev

Sounds like he is some how tourquing the bow or his release hand is not flush with his face.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 AM

Default RE: Is it a form problem

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Sounds like he is some how tourquing the bow.
Thats what I was thinking.