Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Clearance Problems with a MZE >

Clearance Problems with a MZE

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Clearance Problems with a MZE

Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Clearance Problems with a MZE

I posted this in another site first but figured this one my be more helpful.

I know that there has been a post about this recently, but I sure cannot find it - so here goes:

I have a MZE on my 2006 Hoyt PowerTec. I purchased the Hoyt specific brand of MZE and I installed just like they said. I can get the arrow to fly straight when I do I always clip one of the veins on the side of the rest. I have tried everything: twisting the nocks, moving the rest left and right and more up and down on the draw - but for me to get the arrow to fly straight that rest has to be in a certain position and if it is it is hitting my vein on the left side (cock feather up) towards the rest and away from the bow every single time (I put lipstick on th vein and it was rubbed off my the rest.

Now it is only making a small amount of contact so maybe I should not worry about it (I tend to be neurotic about these kinds of things). But I am about to switch to blazers with this years arrows and I am afraid the problem will only be worse - a little help would be GREAT!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Clearance Problems with a MZE

Have you tried shooting cock vane down? Most applications recommend shooting cock vane down, not up. That is why there is a groove in the bottom of the rest arm.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:30 AM

The groove in the arm is to center the arrow in the cradle, not to let the fletch go through.

Without looking at your set up I can't really tell you what is happening. Somebody else on here might though, there are some that have lots of experience with this rest and how it reacts to different bows. This rest will not work well on all bows. You have some sort of a timing issue and the rest is not dropping fast enough is my guess.

I have a bowtech Might Might and I can't get the muzzy to work on my bow either.

Paul
Old 08-12-2007, 10:31 AM
bigcountry

Sounds like it needs to drop faster.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have no idea if I can help but I had a similar problem after a bow shop installed a ze on my Liberty. I re-installed it myself and used a different hole other than what's recommended. Try using the second hole rather than the first for the linkage or vice -versa. Can't hurt!

Good luck!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:21 PM

I have the same problem on my vulcan. I had one vulcan 29.5 draw and a mze and it worked perfect, now I got a new 30 inch draw and mze and fletches hit no matter how I lay them. It is setup same holes as 29.5 was. It acts like it dosn't drop fast enough, what coulkd I do to speed that up. I have wore the fletches off my arrows it hits so bad.

?????????????
Old 08-12-2007, 05:34 PM
bigcountry

Make sure that nut that holds the arm is place is not too tight or too loose. Too loose and rest is not solid left to right (horizontal). Too tight and won't fall quick enough.

One thing I did on one bow is to raise the rest as high as possible for clearance. I love and hate the MZE.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get a Wisker Biscuit, and forget about it.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just got in from working the Bass Pro Fall Classic in Springfield for Bowtech, and I'm about worn out, so I apologize for skimming through and answering rather quickly... but, have you tried crossing the cables above the cable guard? There's some bows that Muzzy recommends doing this on to produce a quicker drop, such as Diamond's Black Ice...
Old 08-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

I imagine you have already tried this as well but, you might take the linkage arm off and add 1/2 turn to lengthen it. If that doesn't work subtract 1/2 turn of the linkage arm. I had a slight problem with mine on my Bowtech while tuning and 1/2 turn added fixed it. By the way, I shoot mine cockvane up too.

Quick Reply: Clearance Problems with a MZE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.