Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Clearance Problems with a MZE >

Clearance Problems with a MZE

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Clearance Problems with a MZE

Old 08-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Clearance Problems with a MZE

I do not think that it is a problem with rest not falling fast enough - it is that the left hen feather (cock feather up) always hits on the left hand side of the rest - but when I try to move the rest more to the left my arrow starts kicking sideways. I have tried twisting the nock so that the fletchings are in different places but it always hits some part of the rest when it is in the right postion to create a true arrow flight.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:27 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: pastorkhris

I do not think that it is a problem with rest not falling fast enough - it is that the left hen feather (cock feather up) always hits on the left hand side of the rest - but when I try to move the rest more to the left my arrow starts kicking sideways. I have tried twisting the nock so that the fletchings are in different places but it always hits some part of the rest when it is in the right postion to create a true arrow flight.
So what your saying is the rest is not getting out of the way of the fletching? Have you seen how fast it falls? Within 2", 4", or more at release?

Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Simple solution since it's not hitting the bottom. Try rotate the cock-vane slight to the right. If it still hit the left side of the hook, just find out exactly where it touches and give it some sanding. It won't hurt anything since it's on the side.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:02 PM

Make sure you have the rest set so that it is below the shelf at brace height. (This can be done by turning the turnbuckle out/in as appropriate.) I've had this problem on occasion and was able to tune it out by adjusting the turnbuckle and/or moving the restto the leftslightly, for a right hand shooter.(You will have to check the stop screw to make sure it is not stopping the travel to early.) I have the PC 100(?) and I use thebolt hole closest to the string, using the second hole in the rest so the rest rises close to the shelf. Been using the MZE for a lot of years on several different bows and once set up they are bullet proof. Love 'em.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:43 PM

What arrow length do you use with your MZE?