Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Binary Cam Lean

Old 08-09-2007, 06:28 AM

Default RE: Binary Cam Lean

true dually's have splityokes on top and bottom
Old 08-09-2007, 07:17 AM

Really I have never seen that before. Is that on the older bows or do the newer ones have it too. Maybe with the new hybrid cams they don't need it? If it does not have a yoke then does it not lean?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

Cam lean on the Binary's seems to be something you have to live with. 3/4" is alot , but I don't know if it's excessive. Was it that bad before??
If your centershot has not changed I'd say it's always been that way.
I believe the lean is why the center shot on the bowtech's is so far out. My 06 Tribute is 15/16". I have alot of lean...more than i would call "right",
but it shoots great.
I checked the axles and limbs for cracks. No problem w/ either.

I would be curious to hear from more Bowtech shooters on this issue.
My '07 Allegiance's center shot is in the center. They'll fix the bow if it has cam lean.

I believe that is why they improved the cams from the '06 and earlier models. To lump all of the Bowtech's with an issue you are having with yours isn't exactly right.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:59 PM

My '07 Allegiance's center shot is in the center. They'll fix the bow if it has cam lean.

I believe that is why they improved the cams from the '06 and earlier models. To lump all of the Bowtech's with an issue you are having with yours isn't exactly right.

[/quote]

Dave,
I don't consider the cams leaning an issue. I had thought it was a problem, but alot of Bowtechs 2006 and older had center shots at 15/16". And I'm not lumping all Bowtechs together. Binarys' lean by virtue of the design. Just some more than others.

Are you saying that it's the cams that cause the lean? If so, do you think it's possible to get the newer cams for my tribby. If the string and cable lenghts are the same between the '06 and '07 , I would think so.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

According to what I've read it was the cam design of the Bowtech's that caused the lean and they've redesigned to eliminate the cam lean. When I bought my bow the guy checked it for cam lean.

There was a batch for '07 that did have cam lean and Bowtech will replace the cams if you call about the issue.

You could talk to Bowtech. I thought though that they would even fix your '06 if it has cam lean issues.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:35 PM

I was in contact w/ a Bowtech teck. He never mentioned that they would do anything for me. I don't think he saw it as a problem from the way he talked.
I even had a Bowtechshop owner tell me that the lean was because the limbs were worn from shooting. I knew he was full of it.
I don't have any cam/limb contact so I'm assuming the lean that is there isn't anything to worry about.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have an 06 Tribute and the cams lean quite a bit on mine too. I contacted Bowtech about the possibility of putting the new cams on my Tribute but they said the new cams can not be retro fitted to the 06 bows. My Tribute shoots great so it really wasn't a big deal, and I have a Guardian that I shoot most of the time now anyway.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 PM

you've got to check them at full draw also, and see where they are pointed then. that's what's going to tell you how much the tilt is changing from rest to full draw. as the bow is shot the cams will tilt back to where they were. this will cause your string to have some horizontal movement in it - or horizontal nock travel. anyway, its a lot easier to clean up right and left misses if your string is not moving horizontally.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: RefusetoFollow

I have an 06 Tribute and the cams lean quite a bit on mine too. I contacted Bowtech about the possibility of putting the new cams on my Tribute but they said the new cams can not be retro fitted to the 06 bows.
What is your center shot?
Old 08-09-2007, 08:29 PM

I just got my limbs and cams replaced on my tribute last week. The cam was hitting the limb. Could barely get a piece of paper in between the two. Everythings good now.

Quick Reply: Binary Cam Lean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.