Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help with drop zone >

Help with drop zone

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with drop zone

Old 07-30-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Help with drop zone

Im shooting an 06' Tribute set at 70#'s and as you guessed a drop zone drop away. I love the bow and the rest but for some strange reason about every 4th or 5th shot the string that actuates the rest (the one that is clamped to the cable) settles to the left of the slide and bumps or touches my fletching as the arrow leaves the bow causing the arrow tofish-tail a little. It corrects itself fairlyquickly but results in a shot that is about 3-4" off of where the rest of my group is. What can I do to correct this aggrevating problem. BTW its not the same arrow every time.

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help with drop zone

Hmm, try putting a twist in the cable to where it naturally wants to unwind the opposite direction of the arrows path.

Since it is "clamped to the cable" you should just be able to unclamp it, put the twist in and then reclamp.

If the cable is served into the down cable you can mark the resy location, remove it and place the twiist in it via spinning the rest, then remount where it was.

I run the same rest on the same bow with no issues (other than the normal DZ noise).

Just thinking out loud here.......
Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never liked using the clamp. Is it possible the clamp is twisting a bit. I would try threading the cord thru the cable and using a lighter to burn the end of the cord so it wont pull thru the cable and then serve about an inch on top of the cord so it doesnt slide up. Thats what I did and never had a single problem with my bowtech.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try tying the DZ string to the tributes cable slide. It comes with a hole for that.

I have mine setup that way and have never had a problem
Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

Try tying the DZ string to the tributes cable slide. It comes with a hole for that.

I have mine setup that way and have never had a problem
Hmm, no kidding, I might have to try that when I put my new strings on.
Right now I have a .25" section of down cable served with the string passing below it and tied off (room for tuning).
Old 07-31-2007, 07:29 PM

dr if possible could you post a pic to show me what you mean?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wanaBinNV

dr if possible could you post a pic to show me what you mean?

Here you go. Ive had mine setup like since i bought it with no troubles

Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 PM

perfect that should solve all of my problems thanks dr
Old 07-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing that you can do is order a second set of O-rings that go in the rest under the drop bar. Take the bottom portion of the rest apart and install the second set of O-rings with the others left in place. This will not affect the drop and seems to quieten it down next to no sound at all.

Just my experience. Other than that, the rest is unstoppable.

LT
Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dr, is there anything on the front of that tab keeping the knot from sliding rearward?

I've seen people recommend 2 brass knocks in that location but it looks like you are getting away with nothing, are you?

Quick Reply: Help with drop zone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.